Move Fast and Make Things!
Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world’s most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As a Manufacturing Engineer at VulcanForms, Devens, MA, your main objective will be to provide technical leadership for the Production Team. You will be responsible for the engineering associated with the manufacturing processes to manufacture parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies. This work includes providing documentation and floor support associated with manufacturing, quality, tooling, and equipment and estimating manufacturing cost, determining time standards for new and existing product lines. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all aspects of manufacturing operations and health and safety regulations to achieve the highest standards and a safe work environment.
- Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions including scrap reduction, and overseeing successful production.
- Work with Production Associates to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment, and product design.
- Use of data-driven root cause and corrective action tool usage to support business goals & objectives.
- Drive product cost reduction and ensure meeting of targets through process improvements and deployment of new technologies.
- Leverage advanced technology solutions/capital investment to support productivity improvements and capacity for future programs.
- Responsible for determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution, and final analysis and acceptance.
- Utilize lean manufacturing principles and participate in action workouts to improve process capability, reduce overall costs, and increase capacity.
- Assist subcontractors in resolving manufacturing and quality-related issues.
- Assist customers in determining product issues, including line downs, repairs, non-conformances, corrective and preventative actions.
- Ensure the safety of all associates by identifying safety issues and taking measures to proactively address concerns and adhere to the safety policies and procedures.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or related technical degree with 3+ years of manufacturing experience (Additive Manufacturing preferred).
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations
- Ability to develop and implement qualified processes using applicable systems (process failure mode and effect analysis, fault tree analysis, process validation, process planning tools, design of experiments)
- Experience in developing and incorporating new technologies into the manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques, Quality System, and SPC tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or green card holder))
- Experience in Metal Additive Manufacturing.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing business requirements.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.