Website Desktop Metal
Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
The Customer Experience team is seeking an Applications Engineer to join us at this exciting stage of growth. The ideal candidate is a jack of all trades with an understanding or familiarity with a wide range of topics, including (but not limited to) metals and powder metallurgy, 3D printing, and 3D modeling or design. Our ideal candidate has a hands-on attitude, and will be expected to document and refine best practices as well as ensure a smooth feedback loop to internal teams. The ideal candidate is energized by speaking with users and will have experience developing novel systems from conceptualization to production.
About the Team:
The Customer Experience (CX) team is newly formed within the Customer Support (CS) department and is responsible for providing proactive solutions. Team members tend to be hands-on generalists who span several engineering disciplines and contribute to projects accordingly. Technical and strategic decisions are made collaboratively wherever possible, with all members participating in brainstorming and design reviews, regardless of job title or experience level. The team as a whole works from the Burlington office with flexibility around remote work when needed.
- Understanding all variables related to printing of metal parts
- Understanding the relationship between design, printing and downstream part processing
- Working with users (on/offsite) and the CS team to understand and optimize user behavior
- Creating and documenting SOPs and best practices for Desktop Metal products
- Communicating and documenting the relationship between different process variables
- Developing training materials and documentation for internal and external partners
- Collaborating with interdisciplinary teams on design & alpha testing of new products
- Up to 20% travel required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree in Engineering, Robotics, Materials Science, or related field
- Ability to deeply understand customer needs and build trusting relationships
- Enjoy working directly with users as well as with R&D teams
- Demonstrate the ability to think in terms of “systems” and work creatively to improve them
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Ability to synthesize high-level information into accessible and user-friendly documentation
- Experience driving design decisions based on research and testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail, including observation of processes and behaviors
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Additive manufacturing
- Metallurgy and/or powder-based processes
- Video editing
- Instructional design
- CAD design
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.