Last update: March 22, 2019
1. What is Personal Data?
“Personal Data” is information that, either alone or in combination with other information, identifies you or can be used to identify you. When we combine other information (i.e., information that does not, on its own, identify you) with Personal Data about you, we treat the combined information as Personal Data.
- You register to our newsletter (collectively, the “Newsletter“) and
- You sign in to one of our local events, through any of the event management platforms we use, including but not limited to meetup.com and eventbrite.com (collectively, the “event“)
3. What Personal Data Do We Collect and For What Purposes
If you are an attendee to one of our events or otherwise visit our Site, we may collect the following type of information through your use of the Site:
- Contact Information: We process Personal Data that you provide through creation and management of your account, and when registering to a Women in 3D Printing event via our event management platform (Eventbrite), such as your name, e-mail address, job title, company, and phone number. We use your email address to contact you from time to time in furtherance of our legitimate interests in providing you with information regarding our activities as a community and upcoming events you might be interested in.
To help operate the Site, enhance your experience, and collect information about online activity, we place small data files on your device known as “cookies,” or we use similar technologies (e.g., pixel tags, web beacons, local shared objects). Cookies and similar technologies enable us to personalize the Site, and help make our Site load faster (through “load balancing” technology). These technologies may allow us to store and manage your preferences and settings; measure and analyze how you use the Services and effectiveness of our communications; administer the Site, offer targeted products, programs, and services; and help us improve Site, our products, services, and security.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable these technologies. If you choose to reject cookies or similar technologies, some features of our Site and Service may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review your browser manufacturer’s help pages for assistance with changing your settings.
5. To Whom We Disclose Personal Data
This section describes to whom we disclose Personal Data, and for what purposes:
- Our Service Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing the Site and Service.
- Our Sponsors. Our Community, Bronze, Silver, and Gold sponsor have access to the specific events’ attendees lists they are sponsoring. Each sponsored event is labeled as such and a mention is made on the event registration page.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, an analytics service, along with our own Service, to help us analyze the traffic on our Site. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Data, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.”
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts: We may disclose Personal Data at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes to establish, protect, or exercise our legal or other rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of a user or any other person. We may also disclose Personal Data to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
6. How You Can Opt-Out
- Email Opt-Out. You may choose not to receive marketing emails from us and can opt out of such e-mails through your account settings or by utilizing the opt-out functionality included in marketing emails.
7. Your Rights
As a controller of the Personal Data collected by or through the Site and during an Event, we take steps to help ensure that you are able to exercise rights regarding Personal Data about you in accordance with applicable law.
If you would like to access, amend, erase, export (i.e., data portability or right to be forgotten), or object to or restrict the processing of Personal Data collected via the Site, you may submit a request to email@example.com. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws. Our opt-out feature, described in Section 6, also enables you to exercise your right to object to certain processing activities.
Depending on where you live, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning Personal Data about you. We encourage you to first reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
8. Retention of Personal Data
9. Links to Third Party Websites
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites you choose to visit. If you provide any information directly to parties other than us, different rules may apply to the use or disclosure of that information. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing Personal Data to third parties.
11. Contacting Us