Reports to: Digital Community Growth Manager
Location: Fully remote. Option to work from our offices in Madrid (ideal), London and Copenhagen.
Travel commitments: eventually, trips to our Madrid hub as required.
Wikifactory is the fastest place on the web to get a physical product made with just a laptop and an internet connection. Zero training and zero configuration required. We have a global community of over 90,000 engineers, designers, makers and over 100 hardware startups across 190 countries. They have made over 4,500 products across several industries: drones for reforestation, electric vehicles and future tech (Hyperloop pods and flying cars), agri-tech solutions, smart furniture and IoT devices, robotics, biotech lab equipment, and most recently medical devices and PPE during the Covid-19 crisis.
As a SaaS platform for collaborative product development of physical things, we are uniquely positioned for discussing CAD design and engineering topics. We have a powerful 3D file embed feature which makes it possible to directly view and inspect CAD designs of over 30+ formats directly in content on the browser, without the need of a plug-in or extension. In addition we have launched a first-of-its kind collaborative 3D file viewer for live, on-the-go, product development between virtual teams on an agile web-based and open-source PLM system.
With these web publishing tools and a growing list of exciting end-to-end product innovations happening at Wikifactory, we are building an exceptional community of interest and of practice on our platform that helps provide product developers of all types (individual designers & engineers, SMBs and enterprises) real value by removing the barriers (complex and expensive PLM tools and systems) and removing the common process challenges that can distract from efficient, timely and valuable product development. As such our system accelerates product innovation and supports prototyping and production to scale.
At Wikifactory, we are rethinking manufacturing for the digital age. Building an Internet of Production to match the internet of knowledge. With offices in Madrid, Copenhagen, London and Shenzhen, our team is truly global.
Our platform includes a 3D Viewer that can visualise more than 30 file formats; a version control drive to manage changes; a documentation system and even social functionalities including comments, views, shares, likes, issue tracking for feedback, and forums for debate. It also has a built-in publishing tool for blogs by users on which our community can not only publish A/V content but also CAD files. Join our community and build something today.
When you write your cover letter, please confirm your experience in Physical Product Design / Manufacturing, and share links to articles / blog posts you have written in subjects related to the manufacturing / Industry 4.0 sector in English.
The Resident Maker & Technical Content Creator is passionate about our mission and the opportunity to reshape the future of design and production. You will contribute in raising the profile of Wikifactory as a source of inspirational and technical content in the fields of physical product design and fabrication.
We are at an exciting growth phase where we seek to further host niche content communities that are emerging on Wikifactory with the greatest community traction whether in terms of fabrication technologies, like metal 3D printing, or product verticals like drones, as well as themes like social impact. We have built a strong and loyal global community and would like to see this grow with the curation and development of content related to the trends, technical advancements and inspirations of our sector.
You should be able to work independently and collaboratively engage with our community and the broader network of experts and thought leaders relevant to Wikifactory to create rich highly technical content that indexes high on Google and is search engine optimised with relevant keywords and with headlines that reflect prominent search queries.
The role plays an important part in attracting and activating users and key stakeholders, and it contributes significantly to our performance, growth and user engagement targets.
Physical Product Technical Content
- Inspire the community with cornerstone and technical articles that can help them advance in their physical product development. Engage the community by interacting across the platform through the use of our features: stories, forum threads and issues within projects.
- Develop and publish inspiring and technical content of reference in topics related to the latest trends, strategic developments and the most important news in physical product design and fabrication.
Research and create content to support our Communications, Business and Community development efforts.
- Curate user-generated content (stories/blog posts and rich content such as images, videos, graphics) and coordinate with the Communications and Community teams to support the promotion of this content.
- Curate and activate a distributed community of bloggers, experts and key opinion leaders on Wikifactory. They are empowered with our publishing and social collaboration tools to share their perspectives and engage in meaningful discussion.
- Engage super users and experts/thought leaders in new communities of interest and of practice on their social media channels and through personal social accounts and LinkedIn groups.
- Contribute to company-wide efforts to stay informed on the latest and most relevant maker and product design trends, enhancing insights for campaigns across different functional teams with a deeper understanding of the market we serve.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS – ABOUT YOU
- Physical product design/manufacturing expertise and/or Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- English C1-2 Level (native or near-native). All content will be written in English and then translated to other languages, so it’s important that your written English is flawless.
- Excellent communicator, with a passion for words and crafting impactful and value-add technical content.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical topics in a clear and accessible way.
- Some experience in SEO content development.
- Relationships with product development and engineering communities, as well as relevant trade media.
- Experience in data-driven communications and community building.
Please provide links to your portfolio of articles/blog posts relevant to this role.
To apply for this job please visit wikifactory.bamboohr.com.