Reports to: Head of Growth and Monetisation
Team: User Engagement and Activation, Content Creators, external agencies.
Location: Fully remote. Option to work from our offices in Madrid (ideal), London and Copenhagen.
Travel commitments: eventually, trips to our Madrid hub as required.
Please include a COVER LETTER with your CV when applying, detailing how you meet the criteria set below in the ABOUT YOU section… And also why you want to join Wikifactory, and any questions you have for us.
Wikifactory is the fastest place on the web to get a physical product made with just a laptop and an internet connection. Zero training and zero configuration required. We have a global community of over 90,000 engineers, designers, makers and over 100 hardware startups across 190 countries. They have made over 4,500 products across several industries: drones for reforestation, electric vehicles and future tech (Hyperloop pods and flying cars), agri-tech solutions, smart furniture and IoT devices, robotics, biotech lab equipment, and most recently medical devices and PPE during the Covid-19 crisis.
As a SaaS platform for collaborative product development of physical things, we are uniquely positioned for discussing CAD design and engineering topics. We have a powerful 3D file embed feature which makes it possible to directly view and inspect CAD designs of over 30+ formats directly in content on the browser, without the need of a plug-in or extension. In addition we have launched a first-of-its kind collaborative 3D file viewer for live, on-the-go, product development between virtual teams on an agile web-based and open-source PLM system.
With these web publishing tools and a growing list of exciting end-to-end product innovations happening at Wikifactory, we are building an exceptional community of interest and of practice on our platform that helps provide product developers of all types (individual designers & engineers, SMBs and enterprises) real value by removing the barriers (complex and expensive PLM tools and systems) and removing the common process challenges that can distract from efficient, timely and valuable product development. As such our system accelerates product innovation and supports prototyping and production to scale.
At Wikifactory, we are rethinking manufacturing for the digital age. Building an Internet of Production to match the internet of knowledge. With offices in Madrid, Copenhagen, London and Shenzhen, our team is truly global.
Our platform includes a 3D Viewer that can visualise more than 30 file formats; a version control drive to manage changes; a documentation system and even social functionalities including comments, views, shares, likes, issue tracking for feedback, and forums for debate. It also has a built-in publishing tool for blogs by users on which our community can not only publish A/V content but also CAD files. Join our community and build something today.
The Digital Community Growth Manager is the person accountable for our community growth, activation and engagement strategy, building our fast-growing community, and delivering an outstanding experience to our users. Supporting the growth, revenue and digital success strategy of Wikifactory, the Digital Community Growth Manager will be responsible for setting and executing initiatives that drive community growth and engagement.
You will partner with many cross-functional groups within Wikifactory, including Product, Technology, Marketing, Business Intelligence, Sales and Partners. Success in this role will require both a strong ability to understand the digital customer segment, copywriting and producing content, plus the ability to reach out to our community, look at trends, and to ask yourself “how can we build upon this?”
You’ll also influence how we engage our customers in a human, meaningful and value-driven way. This is the chance to shape a highly visible area of the business.
A background in product development, engineering or manufacturing would be extremely useful and desired, along with other essential skills like copywriting, webinar / online event hosting, social media, PR, SEO, backlinks, PPC and so forth. Organic growth is one of our key drivers and maintaining our strong community is essential to achieve our goals.
- Define and execute Wikifactory’s organic community growth strategy, to drive community engagement and an excellent onboarding experience.
- Build organic growth through scalable community content creation.
- Organise and host webinars / online events, with influencers and guest speakers from the community of makers, product designers, industrial / mechanical engineers and others that operate in our space.
- Identify and maintain an optimal onboarding strategy for customers pre and post-signup, driving activity, conversions and engagement throughout the community.
- Execute tests, collect and analyse data and results, as well as identify trends and insights of the digital community campaigns and activities.
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming.
Leverage data and analytics to expand and optimise initiatives, ensuring a value-led approach is taken across the teams when setting priorities.Optimise copy and landing pages for search engine marketing.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimisation.
- Research and implement search engine optimisation recommendations.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keyword.
- Develop and implement link building strategies.
- Foster and strengthen new relationships with key influencers within the community.
- Support the Growth and Marketing teams to set the right level of keyword optimisation and other initiatives to drive traffic and engagement.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS – ABOUT YOU
- An ethical manager with a passion for working with people, and leading teams to build and grow our digital community.
- Experience in building successful multi-channel digital engagement initiatives, creating and maintaining a thriving digital community. Specifically, please detail in your cover letter how you have engaged and attracted new users to join the community… How about keynote speakers for webinars and other events? Social media influencers you have approached to create a buzz and drive traffic?
- Your written and spoken English must be at C2 / near-native level, and you must be fully comfortable communicating in English on webinars, online events and other speaking engagements that you may host with influencers and other guest speakers in our industry.
To apply for this job please visit wikifactory.bamboohr.com.