Move Fast and Make Things!
Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world’s most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Quality Layout Inspector for our Devens, MA location.
The Quality Layout Inspector position is a diversified role in the manufacturing facility located in Devens, MA. This position offers a significant challenge for the right candidate.
- Develop, communicate, and implement Quality Standards
- Assist the Quality Engineering Manager in assuring the QMS conforms to the customer, internal, industry (i.e., AS9100, ISO 9001, ISO 13485), and regulatory/legal requirements by conducting audits and identifying gaps.
- Monitor and analyze product quality.
- Perform First Piece Layouts using conventional layout techniques.
- Develop inspection practices and gaging for products.
- Assure Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes, and products meet quality specifications.
- Assist in creating Standard Operating Procedures and Inspection Methods.
- Collaborate to develop and implement quality and process controls and improvements
- Assist in conducting internal quality audits and assure corrective actions are timely and sufficient.
- Assure that calibration methods meet customer requirements and industry standards.
- Ensure that workflows, processes, and products comply with safety regulations.
- Investigate and troubleshooting product or production issues.
- Assist in the creation of the inspection area with the proper inspection devices.
- Assist in the inspection of manufactured parts, issue non-conformance reports, and facilitate the disposition of MRB hardware and corrective action tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience with Part Layouts and Drawing Interpretation expertise
- Extensive knowledge of GD&T
- First Article and inspection method sheet creation
- Sampling Plan Expertise
- The knowledge base to set up and establish an inspection area.
- Ability to complete simple calibrations.
- Ability to run CMMs and Visual Inspection Devices
- Knowledge of IS0 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- Experience working with Medical Device Quality (ISO 13485:2016 and 21CFR 820s) or Aviation Quality AS9100.
- Capable of Root Cause Analysis, Data analysis, and Statistical Process Control.
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- A two-year degree from vocational, college, technical institution, or specialized military training
- Experience in aerospace, defense, or medical device manufacturing.
- Strong sense of ownership
- Cognizant of Quality trends and international regulatory compliance standards, including MDD 93/42/EEC, ISO 13485, and other applicable global requirements.
- Experience working in ITAR/EAR compliant organizations.
- Experience with metal Laser Powder Bed Fusion (LPBF).
- Project management experience with strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and management skills.
- CMM programming.
- Quality control certification (ASQC)
- Skilled in using M.S. Office suite
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.