Move Fast and Make Things!
Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world’s most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms, Inc. is looking for a Product Engineer to join the Materials Team in Burlington, MA. VulcanForms’ Product Engineers are the technical point-of-contacts for our customers. By leveraging the expertise of materials scientists, materials processing experts, and LPBF manufacturing engineers, the Product Engineers are responsible for ensuring LPBF parts are processed to meet customer requirements.
This role has a significant impact on our relationship with customers, and applicants that can demonstrate experience working closely with customers on technically complex products is essential. Candidates with experience designing additively manufactured parts, preferably for medical, defense, or aircraft engine applications, are also of extreme interest and are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or relevant field with 3 years of experience designing and analyzing parts fabricated from nickel-based superalloys, titanium alloys, or high strength steels
- Expert knowledge of GD&T and interpreting complex drawings and specifications
- Strong knowledge of design for additive manufacturing
- Experience with root cause investigations and corrective action
- Expert in CAD and solid model file management
- Experience in developing part qualification plans, including destructive and non-destructing inspection methods and functional checks
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or green card holder))
- Strong sense of ownership
- Advanced engineering degree
- Design experience working in the medical, aircraft engine, or power generation business
- Expert knowledge of AM support structure design strategy and simulation
- Developing process routers and part ownership throughout the entire production process
- MRB substantiation experience
- Experience working with external customers and customer requirements
- Thrives in a cross-functional team environment
- Experience working with machining, materials processing suppliers
- Background in mechanical properties of structural alloys, heat treating
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and experience with clear, organized documentation and task management
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- Flexible work schedule
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.