Move Fast and Make Things!
Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world’s most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Vulcan Forms is looking for a Manufacturing Team Leader to lead all manufacturing activities at our Devens, MA facility. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the shift leadership of all site manufacturing activities and any other assignment directed by management. This position provides production planning, workforce planning, maintenance scheduling, continuous improvement activities, and regulatory documentation. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all aspects of manufacturing operations, health and safety regulations, and developing their team to achieve the highest standards while fostering a culture of working safely.
- Ensure all associates’ safety by identifying safety issues, proactively addressing concerns, and adhering to safety policies and procedures.
- Provide direction and schedules to the manufacturing department and coordinate with maintenance planners and the production department to execute proactive maintenance schedules.
- Supervise the manufacturing operations for the entire facility to achieve production targets.
- Monitor and prioritize workflow of production to meet deadlines.
- Actively supervise and develop the manufacturing team to ensure effective communication across & between shifts and with the production teams.
- Effective use of training resources to maximize team technical skills
- Track expenses and oversee the budget for manufacturing.
- Assist and support facility capital improvement projects and installations.
- Responsible for employee onboarding, coaching/counseling, development, discipline, performance appraisals, and administration of policies.
- Ensure that manufacturing areas are kept clean and organized.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience in a related field with a minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing leadership role
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and experience in lean manufacturing
- Production focus with a drive for accurate results.
- Applicant must be authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions (U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or green card holder)).
- Practical interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience with ERP and other Maintenance Planning tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership, work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.