Move Fast and Make Things!
Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world’s most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Vulcan Forms is looking for a Manufacturing Manager to lead the Manufacturing Team in Devens, MA, and interface with other organizations to meet our customer’s needs. You will be required to establish long-term objectives and guidelines for managing and monitoring cell performance and productivity. You will direct scheduling and sequencing of work, as well as production innovation to optimize production. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all aspects of manufacturing operations, health and safety regulations, and developing their team to achieve the highest standards while fostering a culture of working safely.
- Provide leadership in all manufacturing activities, including but not limited to planning, scheduling, execution, and delivery of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost.
- The ability to manage multiple product lines requires perfect synchronization between the various production units, real-time capacity planning, and the ability to change schedules as necessary to meet the production plan.
- Coordinate and manage resources, including people, material, and capital, to meet future and current customer requirements.
- Direct activities throughout the entire manufacturing process
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement initiatives within manufacturing as well as other areas of the company.
- Establishes & communicates performance objectives and leads cell performance and productivity initiatives.
- Must analyze and evaluate risks throughout organizational processes with appropriate contingency planning to mitigate risks.
- Support Human Resource and Talent Acquisition company initiatives.
- Develop and mentor direct reports to ensure high performance, competence, and behavior consistent with the company’s values and culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience in a related field with a minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing management role
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations
- Extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and experience applying principles such as GEMBA, leader standard work, value stream mapping, and problem-solving
- Experience with ERP and other Maintenance planning tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Authorized to work within the US without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or green card holder))
- Practical interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment and multi-task effectively.
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.