Move Fast and Make Things!
Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world’s most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring an Additive Manufacturing Technician – 2nd Shift for our Burlington, MA R&D Tech Center.
As an Additive Manufacturing Technician – 2nd Shift, you will have the unique opportunity to work with industrial-scale metal Additive Manufacturing machines. You will be part of the team that launches the world’s most productive additive manufacturing systems. You will be responsible for setting up AM print jobs, verifying machine settings against production specifications, overseeing the print process and quality as the machine operates, creating post-build reports, and delivering timelines. This position will require lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying items up to 50 pounds.
Please note that the Additive Manufacturing Technician position is shift-based: the 1st shift runs from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm; the 2nd shift runs 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm; the 3rd shift runs 11:00 pm to 7:30 am.
- Work with metal powder and high-power laser systems
- Strict compliance with the safety protocol and proper use of personal protective equipment
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for safe and effective equipment usage
- Secure handling of metal powder before and after builds; this includes sieving, loading, part de-powdering, measuring, and safe storage
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on the machines, cleaning build volumes and optical components
- Manage the life cycle of the metal powder material, maintain part-powder traceability, and coordinate powder suppliers and powder recycling services
- Operate on as-needed basis equipment in the in-house machine shop, including manual and CNC machines
- A two-year degree or equivalent from vocational, college, technical institution, or specialized military training
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment, operating and working with high-tech production machinery (CNC machines, Additive Manufacturing, robotic welding, CMM, or similar)
- Hands-on experience using precision measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, height gauges, and or precision scales)
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder)).
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Eager to learn new skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Hands-on experience with a variety of machining tools
- Experience with one or more technologies: laser welding, directed energy deposition (DED), powder bed fusion (PBF)
- Capable of diagnosing and fixing malfunctioning equipment problems as they occur
- Knowledge of CNC programming is a plus
- Experience with metal powders is a plus
- Experience with industrial manufacturing is a plus
- Excited about new challenges in metal additive manufacturing and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.