Vivid Robotics is a venture-backed startup building modular robotic systems for the quick service food industry.
Do you love to get creative in SolidWorks and then get hands-on with your designs in the real world? Do you know your way around a machine shop? Are you ready to join a hardware company where rapid iteration and prototyping is the name of the game? If so, we can’t wait to meet you!
We are looking for Mechanical Design Engineers with experience in mechanism design and process design. We are building complex mechanical systems that can handle raw ingredients and use them to craft meals that are delicious, nutritious, convenient, and affordable. If you enjoy working on open-ended mechanical design problems that balance cost, speed, and accuracy, we want to connect with you.
Here’s a bit more on your day-to-day. You will…
- Develop processes for moving and assembling food
- Design new mechanisms for processing food
- Build and test the mechanisms that you design
- Communicate with our software team and electrical team
- Analyze mechanisms and perform failure analyses
- Work with manufacturers to get components in a timely manner
We’d love to hear from everyone who’s as passionate about this as we are, but we’re particularly looking for the following:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of two years experience in mechanical design engineering
- Strong knowledge of general mechanical components including, but not limited to, rotary and linear bearings, timing belts, gears, etc.
- Understanding of material properties of plastics, elastomers, and metals
- Proficiency in SolidWorks or other parametric CAD software
- Broad experience in prototyping methods and success working with rapid-prototyping resources
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience in design for sanitary conditions and food safety
- Experience in low cost component selection and design
Vivid Robotics is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.