Working hours: Fulltime (32h-40h)
Location: Geldermalsen, the Netherlands
As an ambitious and technically advanced company, we are always innovating and moving forward. We’re looking for a talented Technical Community Manager to help building out the Ultimaker Cura ecosystem and support our lively open source community.
Our new team member should have strong positive communication skills and a background in managing communities, and should not be afraid of code.
Are you up for the challenge? Then, keep reading.
What will you be doing?
As a Technical Community Moderator, you will be working with the Cura team and act as the primary point of contact for our community. You work closely together with software engineers, support engineers, and our sales and marketing department to make sure our community gets their questions answered. And our community is big.
Cura is the most used open source slicer in the world. It is a standard for both hobbyists and engineers and is becoming an industry standard for Fortune 500 companies. Every week millions of 3D prints are prepared with Ultimaker Cura, not only for our premium desktop printers but for many other brands as well. Both professional and hobby developers are using the Ultimaker Marketplace to publish their plugins and services to enhance the use of Cura.
The Cura software team is an extremely enthusiastic and motivated team, so you’ll need to fit seamlessly into that working environment. It is your responsibility to write responses to questions and bug reports on GitHub and our Ultimaker Forum. You will also check our dashboards daily to look for crashes and other inconsistencies and talk to software partners on how to integrate their services into the Ultimaker Cura plugin-system. Together with our Marketing department, you will make sure our releases are perfectly documented, and together with our Support department you will continuously improve our customer-facing documentation. And at the end of the day, you help the product owner and the team to find out what we need to improve to satisfy the needs of our users.
This means you will:
· Communicate with users on questions, bugs and feature requests via one of our many channels
· Work with developers of external partners to support them in building plugins and providing services to our customers
· Read logs, errors messages and code to assess reported issues
· Attempt to reproduce reported bugs
· Work with the backlog and Product Owner to see what is coming and figure out how to communicate that
· Improve the quality standard of Ultimaker and help to apply this to existing products
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, UX designers, and product owners. Together, you will create the best software products in the market. We set the bar high and we want you to help us get there.
Do you fit this profile?
· Bachelor’s degree in computing, computer science, engineering, communication, marketing, or similar educational background, but you are also welcome with a comparable working experience
· Experience with scripting and code, Python and C++ are a plus
· Excellent formal and informal communication skills in English
· Experience with GitHub
· Experience with Jira and Confluence
· Experience in a similar position within software development or community management
· Experience and passion for working agile
· A productive attitude that works toward solutions
· A strong, social team player with experience working with technical teams and colleagues from different backgrounds
Definitely a plus
· Experience with automating communication on GitHub and Reddit
· Marketing skills
· Experience with 3D printing
· Experience with (contributing to) open source projects
· Confident, Reliable and Curious
· Professional, Helpful and Creative
· Energetic, Optimistic and with a “can do” mindset
· Thrives in an ambiguous environment
The benefits of working with us
· A competitive salary in line with your experience
· Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
· We pay for your daily commute
· 27 days of paid leave per year
· Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
· An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
· Work in a young and energetic team
· Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special
· A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
· Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
To apply for this job please visit ultimaker.com.