Website Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College
The Tuck School of Business seeks a full-time research associate to support Richard D’Aveni, the Bakala Professor of Strategy, as he completes his next book on 3D printing and additive manufacturing. Prof. D’Aveni’s latest book, which was released last year, “The Pan-Industrial Revolution,” outlines how additive manufacturing and industrial platforms will change the rules of strategy and the boundaries of industrial markets. His next book will focus on the impact of new software and 3D printing methods, which are much faster than today’s printers.
The research associate should expect to work 40 hours per week through June 30, 2022. The position is based on the Tuck campus in Hanover, New Hampshire, however, working remotely may be considered and approved based on location (must be in the U.S.), accessibility according to the professor’s work schedule, reliable internet and phone connectivity, and the professor’s evaluation of work performance.
Prof. D’Aveni seeks a diligent researcher with strong familiarity with additive manufacturing and digital manufacturing software. The candidate should have superior reading and writing skills, ability to abstract conversations and articles, and a proactive, organized, and motivated mindset. Willingness to take on new assignments is critical. The ability to use the telephone, LinkedIn, email, and other sources to establish relationships and set-up interviews with senior executives, industry experts, and the investment community is required. A degree in engineering or business is required; MBA or MEM is preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
This position is an excellent stepping stone into the additive manufacturing and digital manufacturing industries with many opportunities to learn from industry experts and to expand your professional network. Prior research associates have gone on to positions at leading organizations such as PTC and Microsoft, among others.
Along with your résumé, please provide a cover letter describing your interest in the position and your distinctive qualifications.
Supervisor: Prof. Rich D’Aveni
Position Purpose: Supports Prof. Rich D’Aveni in conducting research for his next book on 3D printing and additive manufacturing
Schedule and Rate of Pay: This is regular, full-time term position with an anticipated end date of June 30, 2022. Salary is $3,333 monthly plus benefits.
· Conducts research on 3D printing and digital manufacturing technologies.
· Prepares and edits written materials for seminars, whitepapers, and summaries of new technologies.
· Contacts and gathers data from business executives, industry experts, and others via social media, telephone, and email. Compiles and presents findings.
· Organizes research work and restructures recorded information.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business required; MBA or MEM preferred.
· Strong familiarity with additive manufacturing and digital manufacturing software.
· Superior reading and writing skills, as well as a proactive, organized, and motivated mindset. Willingness to take on new assignments is critical.
· Superior ability to abstract conversations and articles.
· Able to use the telephone, LinkedIn, email, and other sources to establish relationships and set-up interviews with senior executives, industry experts, and the investment community.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
To apply for this job please visit searchjobs.dartmouth.edu.