Website The LEGO Group
Are you interested in working with cutting edge Additive Design and Manufacturing Technologies and help The LEGO Group develop and mature a new manufacturing platform?
Take this opportunity to play a vital role in the incorporation of new AM technologies for large scale production.
You will be joining the Additive Design & Manufacturing team for 4-6 months, ideally 6 months starting at the beginning of February. You and your team colleagues will be working with the development of AM technologies. You will be working across multiple AM technologies to help improve quality and deliver cutting edge solutions for Additive Manufacturing.
To be specific, you will:
- Drive progress and delivery of specific tasks to be completed across multiple product teams, e.g. Design of Experiments.
- Share knowledge, experience and results with stakeholders and specialists in the organization to ensure general learning and competency building.
- Experience working hands-on by operating and experimenting with Additive Manufacturing machines.
- Be a member of our Additive Design & Manufacturing team and participate in team meetings, social events, etc.
Play your part in our team succeeding
Based from our office in Billund, you will join a diverse team focusing on the research and development of design methodologies and technologies, production technologies, materials, and applications. We are mainly focusing on polymer AM production for different applications and with different partners.
The team’s aim is to push and drive the AM industry and its technologies towards true large-scale production.
Do you have what it takes?
You are one step ahead of the game if you have previous experience with AM. You desire to learn more and soak up all the new information that comes your way, just as you will need to have the ability to adapt to new situations with ease. You are innovative and imaginative, and thinking out of the box comes naturally to you. Likewise, you are a great teammate with good communication skills that enable you to build positive relationships, and you know how to convey a clear message to those around you. In addition, you are:
- Studying engineering within the field of mechanical, design, production or similar, and must be enrolled in an educational program that gives credit for internship during the internship period.
- Able to do the internship in the period January/February-June/July 2023
- Proficient in English both verbally and written
- Able to work 37 hours weekly and be present in our offices in Billund
- Passionate about working with quality evaluation and improvements
- A high performing individual with an ability to show results
As well as you have:
- Experience using one or more Design or CAD tools: Solidworks, Siemens NX, Inventor or similar.
- Experience working with Design of Experiments
- Experience with statistics, data analysis and data visualization are beneficial
- Coding skills is an advantage, e.g. Python, C++, C#, etc.
Join the global LEGO® team
What’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
- Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
- Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
- Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
- Colleague Discount – We know you’ll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
- Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
- Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
To apply for this job please visit www.lego.com.