Website The ExOne Company
The ExOne Company
Are you looking for a cutting edge career opportunity where you can put your imprint on the next generation of metal 3D Printers?
To learn more about our industry changing and dynamic culture, please view our website at: http://www.exone.com
Follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-ex-one-company/
Located in the greater Pittsburgh area, The ExOne Company is a global provider of binder jet 3D printers. Our business primarily consists of manufacturing and selling 3D printers and 3D printed parts for our customers.
ExOne’s technical team includes world class engineers, material scientists and metallurgists, some with over 20 years of experience in binder jetting. Our machine engineering team consists of a variety of mechanical, electrical and software engineers. Through our ExOne Adoption Centers (“EACs”), we offer comprehensive application support to help our customers find innovative ways to leverage our technology. Our ability to print in a variety of industrial materials, as well as our industry-leading volumetric throughput, uniquely positions us to serve the needs of industrial customers.
About our opportunity
The Software Engineer will be the key person responsible for developing and integrating control software for a new model of metal 3D printer. This role will work with all functional aspects of the software including hardware communication, operator interface, 3D model manipulation and visualization, and file I/O. The Software Engineer will get to work alongside and leverage the world experts in binder jet 3D printing and be an integral part of the team in bringing a new product to market. This opportunity will report to the leader of the research and development team, our Director of R&D.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Design, develop and implement new and exciting software for controlling 3D printers
• Integrate Electro-Mechanical systems so they work seamlessly together
• Take charge in testing and debugging source code
Process Controls and Documentation
• Be the lead in developing, implementing, maintaining and following software version control and documentation practices
• Work with other a variety of engineers and external resources to generate specifications for new ideas as well as analysis and improvements to any existing software
• Attend and participate in any training or education required by company
• Other duties may be assigned as required
What you need to bring to the table
• Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics or comparable technical degree required; A Master’s degree is even better
• 2+ years of C++ experience
• An entrepreneurial spirit and mind set with the ability to overcome obstacles, provide solutions and move quickly to the next challenge
• Experience with OpenGL API
• Preferred knowledge of Polygonica library, Siemens PLC and/or motion controllers
• Familiarity of developing code for controlling complex systems
• Skills in developing machine controls in an additive manufacturing environment a huge plus
• Real world experience working with an interdisciplinary team to bring new and innovative products to market
• A sincere openness to new ideas from the team and a genuine willingness to iterate and provide constructive feedback in a timely manner
• Superior communication skills, both oral and written
What we provide in exchange for your skills, knowledge and talent
At ExOne, we have a comprehensive compensation and benefit program which includes the following:
• Two (2) Medical, Dental and Vision plans to choose to fit your specific needs with a portion of the premiums company paid by ExOne
• Health Savings Account (HSA) tied into our High Deductible Medical Plan
• A generous company match 401k program
• Company Paid Life, Short & Long Term Disability with AD&D insurance
• Vacation/PTO and company Paid Holidays
• For those who want to continue their professional growth, we provide tuition reimbursement on a yearly basis
How does this opportunity sound to you? If you’re intrigued to find out more about ExOne, we’d love to fill in the blanks and show you what we are all about. Please forward an updated resume and a cover letter telling us “Why you want to be part of our team at ExOne” to: email@example.com
ExOne appreciates your interest in our organization as a place for your next career.
We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Exone provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. We also participate in E-Verify.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org