Explore the possibilities across our global house of brands
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible
The primary purpose of the 3D Printing Assistant is to support the 3D Printing Team in pre-processing repairing and preparing 3D files for 3D printing received from both Tapestry’s internal customers and external Raw Material Suppliers, planning daily builds using multiple 3D programs utilizing basic knowledge of DfAM principles, and post-processing daily print-runs by removing supports using various tools such as flexshaft/dremel, pliers, sandpaper, etc. They will also be responsible for maintaining the orderliness of the in-house 3D print lab, re-stocking consumables, and handling basic 3D printer maintenance.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in 3D Printing to…
- Use Rhino 3D and Netfabb to modify and validate 3D files, facilitating surface repair/rebuild of existing NURBS and Mesh-based 3D models as needed
- Plan and track 3D printing builds daily for multiple 3D Printing technologies in various locations
- Work in a hands-on production environment to post-process 3D prints daily
- Coordinate with team members and various cross-functional partners to fulfill 3D printing requests
- Maintain stocked inventory of printing materials ensuring printers are serviced and fully functional, communicating and taking action quickly to address any printer issues
- Assist associates and partners with all process and technology issues/questions
- Give 3D printing demos to various external and business partners, as requested
The accomplished individual will possess…
- A proficient knowledge of Rhino to repair / rebuild existing 3D files with accuracy and precision
- Understanding of 3D printing concepts and basic knowledge of Design for Additive Manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation, attention to detail, and prioritization skills – must be able to work independently, managing multiple service requests by multiple users daily
- Ability to collaborate and strong desire to excel in a production, hands-on work environment
- Demonstrated ability to be a pro-active team player
- Excellent presentation skills and polished/professional demeanor
- Ability to react and respond quickly to the needs of management and all business partners
- Ability to take directions and feedback from others and be open to coaching
- Other related 3D software (Netfabb, Magics, nTopology, Fusion360, Solidworks, etc.) a plus
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience working directly with SLA 3D printers
An outstanding professional will have…
- Degree in industrial design, jewelry design, accessories design, mechanical engineering, basic experience in model making or metal fabrication (specifically casting, wire-forming or sheet metal stamping and/or other manufacturing processes)
- Experience working directly with SLA 3D printing technology, including post-processing and basic 3D printer maintenance.
- Tangible demonstration of an interest in making things showcasing prototyping projects utilizing various additive manufacturing technologies
Our Competencies for All Employees
Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. #LI – YA1 at http://www.tapestry.com/
To apply for this job please visit careers.tapestry.com.