Website Straumann Group Headquarters
#WeChangeDentistry every day. Be part of it.
Ready to make an impact?
We develop, manufacture and supply dental implants, clear aligners, instruments, CADCAM prosthetics and biomaterials for use in esthetic dentistry, tooth replacement and restoration solutions or to prevent tooth loss.
We empower our employees to perform and make an impact, to question the status quo, to drive change, to stay ahead of the competition. From the first Dental Implant in 1974 to the latest Digital Solution – we do things differently than others
We deliver innovation based on evidence. This is part of our employer culture as well as an exceptional team spirit that truly encourages diversity and a powerful “can-do” attitude.
#WeChangeDentistry every day. Be part of it.
We are looking for you as our new Polymer Laboratory Technician (m/f/x) directly reporting to the Head of New Technology Competence Center. The position is based in our laboratory in Muttenz, Basel-Land, with a strong link to our HQ in Basel. We are open to offer this position in a job sharing model (two part-time positions).
- Ownership over daily lab work routine, like execution of material characterization (mainly polymer materials like thermoplastic and thermoset resins) and support formulation research activities of photo curable resins
- Maintain lab infrastructure (fume hoods, waste management, etc.) and ensure functionality of the equipment (maintenance, calibration)
- Run polymer 3D-printing fleet (mainly DLP)
- Support polymer 3D-printing parameters and indications development
- Conduct and report material characterization tests under V&V conditions and according to GLP standards
- Provide inputs for the continuous improvement of equipment work instructions
- Implement safety rules in the lab/office environment
- Professional education / training as chemistry or physics laboratory technician (i.e. Laborant/in EFZ or Naturwissenschaftliche/r Labortechniker/in (HFP) or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in areas like chemical engineering or material research is a plus
- Applied knowledge with analytical methods such as DMA, Rheometer, FT-IR Spectroscopy, water absorption, colorimetry and material testing such as tensile/bending testing, creep, stress relaxation
- Careful and reliable work style that allows working in a GLP environment and respecting confidentiality of business critical information
- Work experience with formulation and dispersion of photo reactive resins and/or testing of plastics and/or vat photo polymerization 3D printing is a plus
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English and German, any other language of advantage
- You are an active and energetic person, who feels comfortable to work in an dynamic and agile environment, while keeping a systematic and structured approach to work
- Keen to learn new test methods, provide useful inputs and communicate those in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and writing
- Being a performance driven self-starter, you have a “can-do” attitude to develop things autonomously by using your previous experience
- You can work under time pressure (prioritizing & organization is key) and show flexibility to adapt to changes
- As a collaborative team player you enjoy working in a diverse environment of various backgrounds
- Displaying personal and professional ethics to embrace Straumann’s Mission and Culture, sponsored by different initiatives to support our diversity
What can you expect from us?
- An agile and ambitious environment: We are #ChangeMakers.
- Open, friendly colleagues who #collaborate and #support each other: We are #Players+Learners.
- The #freedom to #create and #engage: You can leave your #FootprintInDentistry.
- An employer who invests in our #inspiring corporate #culture.
- The #opportunity to develop yourself as a person and in your #career. We #grow.
- #Attractive workplaces at great locations – We are a #GlobalPlayer.
- A good salary and many other cool #benefits (depending on location).
- To work for the No. 1 in #Dentistry and one of the leading #MedTech companies.
and many other things more!
What do people say about us as an employer?
Stay tuned and connect with us!
Please understand that we do not need external support by recruiting agencies and consultants to fill this vacancy. Thank you for respecting this.
To apply for this job please visit www.smartrecruiters.com.