Website Stratasys (MakerBot)
Make it here.
MakerBot believes there’s an innovator in everyone. As a global leader in desktop 3D printing, we set the standard in reliability and ease-of-use by providing effective solutions for every stage of the 3D printing process. We are proud to both serve the largest 3D printer install base worldwide and run the largest 3D printing community in the world.
Over the past few years, we’ve expanded the functionality of our printers to include the kind of accessibility and control users have come to expect in our always-on, cloud-connected world. Our team makes that possible. Your work will have an enormous impact on our users.
For this particular role, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help run and improve our web and cloud platforms so we can provide the best, most user friendly, 3D printing experience. If you like to make things secure, efficient and automated, then you are just who we are looking for.
As a DevOps Engineer, your responsibilities are:
- Maintain current infrastructure
- Collaborating with other teams across the company to help standardize our IT culture.
- Monitor services to maintain uptime
- Work with developers to help optimize the performance of our web apps/services
- Be on-call to troubleshoot problems with developers to mitigate issues and maintain uptime
- Streamlining processes using automation with scripting languages such as bash, python, etc
- Plan ways to improve the infrastructure, implementing and owning those plans.
- Build and develop deployment pipelines, currently using harness for this.
- Working with vendors to consistently improve the way we leverage their systems.
As a DevOps Engineer, you have:
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role or equivalent
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Specifically: S3, IAM, Lambda
- Experience with Google Cloud Services – Specifically: Google Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, Google Networking, IAM, Identity Aware Proxy, Stackdriver
Preferred Qualifications as a DevOps Engineer:
- Running production workloads with Docker
- Understanding of monitoring and how to develop SLA’s and SLO’s
- Proficient with configuration management tools Ansible and Terraform
- Using CI/CD solutions Jenkins / CircleCi / Harness
- Experience building cloud based networks for cloud services
- 2+ years Kubernetes deployments using CI/CD platformsMonitoring Kubernetes with prometheus and datadog like services
- Experience with centralized logging and automation of alerting
- Ability to troubleshoot scaling issues and point out the bottle necks and how to fix them
- Experience with Serverless architectures and deployment strategies
- IoT architecture and development
- 12 Factor App development experience
- Working with SaaS vendors (Magento, JIRA, Salesforce)
- Data warehousing
- PHP/Node.JS/Ruby/GoLang Development
- Domain Registrars
- Windows PowerShell
- SOX Compliance
- PCI Compliance
- Open Source Software development
- Event driven architecture development
- 3D printing experience (you’ll be surrounded by rows and rows of 3D printers all day that you can make stuff on all the time), or just love Making Things and sharing them.
- Working with a distributed and mostly remote team, using Slack, Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Other things we do:
- Training Opportunities: Is there a conference or training you’d like to attend? A book you want to buy? We can make that happen!
- Quarterly team outings: We carve out time to have fun on company time! Events in the past have included: catching a film and grabbing lunch at the nearby Alamo Drafthouse; playing games, sipping beers, and slamming snacks at Barcade, and exploring good eats in Brooklyn on a local food tour. We are always open to suggestions!
Sometimes, it’s the little things:
- Snacks and seltzer. Fruit, yogurt, nuts, granola bars, chips, cereal… It’s like bringing your pantry to work.
- A ping-pong and pool table, if you’re into that sort of thing. And healthy intra-office competition to go with it.
- Twice weekly on-site, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course. But also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge and expertise to help and teach you how to use them.
- Monthly birthday celebrations complete with cupcakes, brownies, and some ridiculously delicious pudding cups.
This role can be on-site located in our Brooklyn office, fully remote or a hybrid solution. The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. MakerBot’s connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MakerBot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
To apply for this job please visit careers.stratasys.com.