Website Stratasys inc.
We Make it better
Stratasys is a world leader in 3D printing!
Stratasys is leading the global shift to additive manufacturing with innovative 3D printing solutions for industries such as aerospace, automotive, consumer products and healthcare. Through smart and connected 3D printers, polymer materials, a software ecosystem, and parts on demand, Stratasys solutions deliver competitive advantages at every stage in the product value chain. The world’s leading organizations turn to Stratasys to transform product design, bring agility to manufacturing and supply chains, and improve patient care.
In this role: This position supports R&D product development by making small & medium size lab batches of formulations for internal testing & customer sampling, UV curing / 3D printing of formulated resins, conducting testing of developmental formulations & commercial products before & after 3D printing, maintaining lab chemical inventory including procurement & disposal, maintaining lab hygiene & housekeeping, etc. The person will support several scientists in daily operations as well as assist with tasks needed to execute product development projects. Lab & chemical safety are key requisites.
What you will be doing:
Making lab batches of developmental formulations (grams to 160 kg scale)
- Ability to skillfully use various mixers & vessels. Maintain scales under calibration.
- Stage chemicals for larger scale-ups including pre-heating.
- Follow instructions for accurate weighing, adding & blending followed by filtering
- Ability to safely handle powders, chemicals with identified hazards by using proper PPE & safeguards
- Filling containers of various sizes & labeling correctly
- Readying samples for customer sampling/shipment
- Improve and maintain procedures for batch scale-up. Archive batch records.
Testing of formulations & commercial products
- Basic 3D printing, UV curing of formulated resins
- Liquid level testing such as viscosity, surface tension, spectroscopy (UV-Vis, FTIR), etc.
- Thermal & Mechanical testing (DMA, tensile, impact, HDT, etc.)
Product Quality Support
- Support plant quality investigations by completing QC tests in R&D lab.
- Prepare lab batches & test for benchmarking
Complete testing during qualification of new raw materials. Prepare benchmarking samples & complete tests.
Chemical inventory management
- Record incoming chemicals in lab inventory software & label containers; archive SDS & CoA. Collect & record chemical storage & shelf-life information.
- Support procurement personnel by providing information on lab chemical purchase.
- Pour chemicals from drums into smaller containers for lab use.
- Check inventory and dispose expired chemicals; clear records in software
- Properly label & store chemicals & formulations for disposal by working closely with HSE Officer.
- Separate waste streams with proper labeling/identification.
Lab hygiene & safety
- Maintain lab housekeeping following internal chemical hygiene policy
Safely handle & train others in proper use of high speed mixers.
- Maintain procedures for using high speed/shear mixers.
- Ensure lab tools such as carts, lifting & pouring devices, etc. are safe, clean & properly maintained.
- Ensure mixing vessels are clean & contaminant free. Properly dispose empty bottles, pails & drums.
Must have for this role:
- Bachelors in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Technology or other related science degree.
- 3+ years experience in production pilot lab or R&D lab is preferred.
- 3+ years experience in university research labs, internship in industry or research institutions are valued.
Nice to have:
- Willingness and capability to learn is key; hands-on training will be provided.
- Ability to grow professionally on the job through continuous learning & improvement.
Travel Requirements: Rarely
What you will be part of:
Company Overview – https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/history/
Our Culture and Values – https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/culture/
Our Sustainability “3D Printing a Better Tomorrow” – https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/sustainability/
Our Locations – https://www.stratasys.com/en/contact-us/office-locations/
Check out our Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wmDfmt2bNI
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Stratasys will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All offers of employment with Stratasys, Inc are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Stratasys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
To apply for this job please visit careers.stratasys.com.