Website Stratasys inc.
We Make it better
Stratasys is a world leader in 3D printing!
Stratasys is leading the global shift to additive manufacturing with innovative 3D printing solutions for industries such as aerospace, automotive, consumer products and healthcare. Through smart and connected 3D printers, polymer materials, a software ecosystem, and parts on demand, Stratasys solutions deliver competitive advantages at every stage in the product value chain. The world’s leading organizations turn to Stratasys to transform product design, bring agility to manufacturing and supply chains, and improve patient care.
In this role: the Finisher / Machine Operator is responsible for producing quality prototype models ensuring they meet company standards using a variety of hands tools. This position also includes daily operation of all FDM/Polyjet prototyping equipment, ensuring high up time and high quality of parts.
What you will be doing:
- Post-finish sales and marketing prototypes for tradeshows, displays, and other special projects.
- Detail FDM/Polyjet/P3/SL/SAF models through removing support structures, sanding and detailing model surfaces, filling in minor voids with multiple filler materials, repairing damaged parts, etc.
- Provide support to the waterworks (AE) room as it relates to the tank changing daily process & PJ spray booth process
- Responsible for loading/unloading of parts and starting new jobs to all FDM/Polyjet/P3/SL/SAF equipment
- Perform regular cleaning and low level maintenance of all FDM/Polyjet/P3/SL/SAF equipment
- Utilize Sr. Finisher – Machine Operators as mentors to gain knowledge of job
- Support AE’s by building and finishing Benchmarks and sales samples to maintain project scheduling
- Record and report all build failures to Application Engineering
- Keep stock and inventory of Sales kits, FDM kits and Polyjet kits
- Maintain/orders consumable inventory and general supplies
- Maintain cleanliness of machines and machine area
Must have for this role:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience running shop equipment including milling machines, lathes, saws, etc.
- 1+ years of experience working independently to organize and prioritize multiple duties with minimal direction.
- Able to work Weekend shift (4×10 Fri-Mon)
Nice to have:
- Good verbal and written communications skills and ability to resolve technical issues while maintaining a good working relationship with internal employees
- Creativity and willingness to gain an advance understanding of rapid prototyping applications
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively on projects with minimal direct supervision
- This position requires a customer-focused attitude with appropriate sense of urgency and attention to details when handling process and machine related issues
- Experience with precision measuring equipment
- Good mechanical aptitude and craftsmanship
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office programs and email
Travel required: Less than 5%
What you will be part of:
Company Overview – https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/history/
Our Culture and Values – https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/culture/
Our Sustainability “3D Printing a Better Tomorrow” – https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/sustainability/
Our Locations – https://www.stratasys.com/en/contact-us/office-locations/
Check out our Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wmDfmt2bNI
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Stratasys will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Stratasys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
To apply for this job please visit careers.stratasys.com.