In the position of Senior Materials Process Engineer you will responsible for engineering activities for the development of polymer materials and their related processes and forms for Stratasys to ensure that business objectives are met. Responsibilities span the range from identification of application, and materials requirements to production release of new materials and processes for Stratasys equipment and applications.
Primary responsibilities you will have:
• Involved in the creation, development, design, and improvement of products, equipment, standards, and procedures in materials to ensure performance of materials
• Providing broad-based expertise on material and process capabilities and limitations. Provide innovative solutions to material development and processes
• Developing robust processes for new material products and work with Materials Manufacturing to transfer processes and meet yield, cost, through-put, performance, and efficiency targets
• Participating in setting the short and long term vision for Materials Development research by understanding the product roadmap requirements, determining what technology will be needed and developing capabilities that deliver the technology
• Researching and analyzing candidate materials and their respective processing requirements and formulate approaches to meeting application requirements
As a part of Stratasys, this position requires access to information and/or technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or, green card holder), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
• Four year degree in Engineering with an emphasis on Chemicals, Materials or Plastics
• 8+ years of related experience in materials and/or process engineering in a production environment
• Proficient experience in the following: compounding, extrusion, co-extrusion , profile extrusion, pelletizing, amorphous solids handling, compaction, agglomeration, reaction compounding, drying, plastics, polymers, monomers, fillers, additives, process control
• Proficient in polymer analysis methods and instruments such as rheology, FT-IR, DSC, TGA, MFI, DMA, GC-MS, etc.
• Proficient in plastics properties testing methods and instruments such as impact, tensile, flexural, flame, etc
• 4+ years a lead capacity conducting and analyzing process trials which deliver quality products
• 4+ years’ experience in a scale-up of processes from lab to plant
• Proven track record in the application and use of LEAN/Six Sigma tools
• Experience with DoEs (Design of experiments) and Minitab/or equivalent
• MS Projects and BI tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
• Individual should be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast change, high paced manufacturing environment
• Ability to use Solidworks and/or CAD software for fixture design and to develop new floor layouts a plus
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
• Knowledge of extrusion process or plastics processing a plus
To apply for this job please visit careers.stratasys.com.