Why is the Staff Accountant important to us?
The Staff Accountant is a key member of the Accounting and Finance team and is critical for the organization’s continued sustainability and growth. With the leadership of the Controller, and at a professional level, the Staff Accountant is responsible for General Ledger account reconciliations, standard, and adjusting journal entries.
We are currently seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to maintain our financial records. You must be familiar with full-cycle accounting and understand all the processes and documents necessary to produce financial statements for a reporting period. Other job duties include reconciling bank and credit card statements, maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and month-end close processes. The position would report to the Controller.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assist with monthly close processes
- Contribute to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections
- Maintain documentation for business processes and controls
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines
- Respond to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
- Assist the Controller as needed
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- CPA preferred, not required
- Working Knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; including the ability to summarize key accounting and operational issues to management
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills and time management
- Experience with Financial reporting requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs – We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution – Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave – Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off – 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness – We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical…we’ve got you covered
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch – Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office (when we’re back in the office)
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.