Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Long Island City, NY, and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In April 2021, Shapeways and Galileo Acquisition Corp, a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company, announced they entered into a definitive merger agreement for a merger transaction. Upon closing of the merger, the combined company is expected to be listed on the NYSE under the new ticker symbol, SHPW.
Why is the SEC important to us?
SEC Financial Reporting Manager, will be a key enabler in the team’s efforts to drive operational efficiency, increase analytics and deliver timely and accurate financial information to internal and external constituencies. Responsibilities include accounting/reporting for the Company’s monthly/quarterly/annual financial close, providing information for the 10-Q/10-K reports and performing other ad-hoc tasks as required.
This role will require understanding and experience with SEC Reporting Software as well as knowledge of US GAAP accounting and SEC reporting requirements, financial close processes, and SOX requirements. This role also requires the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate across various functions of the Company including FP&A,HR, and Legal.
In this role, you will:
- Preparation and review of 10-Q, 10-K and other SEC filings including financial statements, footnote disclosures and MD&A to ensure timely and accurate filings.
- Preparation and review of quarterly and ad hoc materials for the Audit Committee.
- Manage internal processes related to quarter and year-end certifications, disclosure committee review and review of international statutory filings.
- Responsible for balance sheet analytics to drive a better understanding of key drivers and improved controls.
- Oversee the valuation and expense recognition of equity-based compensation, including preparation of quarterly expense and quarterly reforecasts.
- Assistance with calculation of EPS/Diluted EPS.
- Assistance with the assessment of new SEC/GAAP pronouncements, preparing position papers on the impact to News Corporation and amending the reporting process accordingly.
- Review of the financial reporting disclosure checklist.
- Research and documentation of technical accounting inquiries and related disclosure requirements.
- Provide direct support on various special projects.
- Assist with detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial statements and footnotes.
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of accounting experience, public or private
- Technical Accounting & SEC reporting experience a must
- CPA preferred
- Experience preparing footnote disclosures and accounting memos
- Detail oriented w/ strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Workiva experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs – We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution – Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave – Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off – 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness – We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical…we’ve got you covered
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch – Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office (when we’re back in the office)
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.