Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Long Island City, NY, and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In April 2021, Shapeways and Galileo Acquisition Corp, a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company, announced they entered into a definitive merger agreement for a merger transaction. Upon closing of the merger, the combined company is expected to be listed on the NYSE under the new ticker symbol, SHPW.
Why is the People Operations Generalist important to us?
Shapeways is looking for a People Operations Generalist to help run the daily USA functions of the People department including benefits, leave management, learning and development, performance management, driving company engagement, culture and morale, and enforcing company policies and practices.
The People Operations Generalist will be responsible for setting our employees up for success from the moment they join the team. Whether it’s how they’re welcomed on the first day, understanding the health benefits package, or the introduction of a new HRIS – you will help identify and manage the tools, systems, and resources needed to deliver a stellar experience for our employees, day after day.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Establish and lead execution of a seamless employee onboarding experience, with an induction process that creates raving fans out of employees
- Collaborate with different teams to build and enhance and implement programs and initiatives that drive positive employee experience
- Play a critical role in shaping the Shapeways culture and engagement
- Help drive Learning and Development and performance management
- Develop relationships with the employees and leaders in the US in order to understand the needs, connect with the business goals and be able to create meaningful and impactful experiences
- Forward-thinking methodology, design, and administration of group benefit programs, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life, and disability insurance, flexible spending plans, and 401(k) retirement plan, etc.
- Strategically facilitate full-cycle Open Enrollment process including plan renewals, design, and delivery of communication materials
- Manage Health and Welfare, 401(k) Retirement and other ancillary benefit programs, leave of absence plans (FMLA, STD, LTD ), accommodations process, and worker’s compensation
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws including ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and other regulatory requirements including 5500 filings and all related benefit plan audits
Employment Records, Systems, Reporting, and Compliance
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring full compliance of employment files and overall record keeping
- Manage timely and accurate completion of core employee job changes and lifecycle processes including new hires, promotions, transfers, re-organizations, and terminations in our HRIS
- Drive adoption of automation and self-service functionality throughout systems; leverages technology to reduce costs, improve effectiveness, and maximize efficiencies
- Stay abreast and ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and laws.
- Act as a backup/support to payroll specialist
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- 4+ years working in a true generalist role
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- ADP Workforce Now experience is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation, conflict resolution, and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to quickly learn software systems.
The location of this role is US-Remote, working Eastern office hours.
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs – We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy-up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Match – Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave – Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off – 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness – We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical…we’ve got you covered
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch – Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office (when we’re back in the office)
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.