Why is the Director of Sales (Additive Manufacturing) important to us?
Shapeways is looking for a Director of Sales to build on our B2B sales funnel, develop business and revenue strategies, and execute deals.
The Director of Sales will be responsible for managing and eventually scaling, a team of sales reps whose primary focus will be on opportunity generation through inbound and outbound leads. This person will oversee the continued development of strategic market/product line business plans in partnership with our marketing team to develop programs to support sales in designated market segments. This role will report directly to our Chief Revenue Officer.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual team targets by generating a sales pipeline, accelerating active opportunities, and driving to close
- Identify, negotiate, and secure strategic business opportunities to grow Shapeways
- Be a Player/Coach; build and manage an engaged team of high performing sales reps and manage your own book of business
- Partner with Marketing to develop compelling vertical/industry specific collateral
- Identify and research key strategic and tactical markets for Shapeways to operate successfully
- Prepare high-quality presentation materials and RFP responses to win critical business partnerships
- Analyze each opportunity and develop business plans for partnerships; including goals, timing, and revenue
- Conduct regular analysis of key areas for business growth and explore opportunities for business expansion
- Report on monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets and deliver competitive business insights, trends, and analysis to drive ongoing performance improvements.
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- 10+ years of B2B sales experience; identifying, negotiating, and securing new deals w/ 5+ years of that managing a team of 10+
- Knowledge or previous experience in the Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) industry a must
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce a must
- A proven history of overachieving targets and KPIs
- Exceptional and engaging communication and presentation skills
- An entrepreneurial mentality – you independently own and drive your teams’ book of business
- Ability to work independently with very little guidance and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and leadership
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs – We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution – Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave – Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off – 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness – We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical…we’ve got you covered
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch – Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office (when we’re back in the office)
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.