CNC Software Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Charlestown MA
Compensation: Base salary and a significant equity stake in the company
Rapid Liquid Print (RLP) is an exciting startup commercializing a new 3D printing method developed at MIT. This new method brings the advantage of 3D printing to industrial grade elastomers. By eliminating many constraints of traditional 3D printing, RLP can rapidly produce large-scale, stretchable products in minutes with negligible post processing. The RLP process delivers low-cost products for the medical, apparel, home goods, aviation, marine, and automotive industries. We are currently developing the next generation of RLP printers, improving machine, software, and material capabilities, as well as designing the overarching system for high volume production.
If you are a talented software engineer excited to design, build, operate, and iterate on new forms of 3d printing, we want you as a CNC Software Engineer. Join RLP as one of the first employees.
This individual will work on the development of the RLP printing system. They will be working closely with the team to develop and implement new features, increase robustness, and meet the needs of clients. They will be responsible for developing and testing CAD and CAM tools for use with the RLP system, as well as integrating these with the machine itself. The cross disciplinary nature of 3d printing requires that this individual be able to learn quickly, pivot without ego, and work closely with other team members. While the focus of this job is on the software components of the RLP process, they will need to work on the entire system: design, software, electronics, mechanical components, and materials. The individual will need to be able to juggle both work for hire and rapid experimentation. They will need to know when to focus in and when to paint with a broad brush.
· CAD and CAM development, debugging and testing
· Develop roadmap for software development
· Designing, implementing, and testing new machine features
· Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
· Excellent coding skills
· Experience with CAD, CAM, and CNC machines
· Strong affinity towards and tactile understanding of geometry
· Capable with C#, Python, and Rhino
· Knowledge of best practices for full software development life cycle
· Knowledge of coding standards, build processes testing and operations
· Capable with soldering, electronics assembly, and general fabrication
· Confidence in presentations and engaging with clients and partners.
· Experience working with vendors and contractors.
Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.
Please send your resume, a quick introduction to yourself, and a portfolio of past work to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org