Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
We’re building an additive team that’s ready to discover, develop, create, and operate the most advanced additive manufacturing technologies in the world. In order to do that, we need strong, driven technical leaders, project managers and operators.
As an early member of our small-scale additive manufacturing group you will be critical to building not only our processes and procedures but also building the culture of the team that operates our Laser Powder Bed Fusion (SLM / DMLS / DMLM) printers producing flight parts and the team that develops and introduces new additive technologies and techniques. You will operate the printers with a high degree of autonomy, learning all about our machines and technology and making critical decisions. Your input and feedback with be critical to keeping the team at the cutting edge. Your attention to detail and consistency will keep our machines operating at peak performance.
What you’ll do:
- Competently and consistently operate additive machines, auxiliary equipment, and post-processing tools.
- Develop tools, processes, and training materials.
- Continuously improve processes and technology by identifying and demonstrating new solutions.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who has excelled in your career through an intense attention to detail, enormous pride in your work, and a constant desire to improve. You have experience working on sensitive precision systems. You’ve driven every team and project you’ve worked on to success by improving speed and efficiency without ever sacrificing safety, precision, or consistency. You’re passionate and excited about building humanity’s future in space.
What you need to know:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in aerospace or other precision production environment.
- Minimum of 1 year each in development and production work.
- Strong communication skills and ability to read and provide feedback on technical documents.
- Experience operating machining equipment.
- Ability to train other technicians on how to execute a process.
Nice to haves but not required – if you do not meet all of these criteria, you should still apply:
- 3+ years working as an additive (powder bed) technician.
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment.
- Experience working in a flight development program.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.