Website Rapid News Group - The TCT Group
Rapid News Group is a media and events company specialised in technical B2B markets. We create world-class content for our audiences and deliver it in written, audio, video and in-person formats. Our product portfolios include print magazines, websites, podcasts, webinars and community hubs as well as in-person exhibitions, awards, conferences and digital events.
Our mission is to be the most valuable connector of people and information in the markets we create and serve.
Our Senior Conference Producer will be a motivated, resourceful and accountable individual who relishes the challenge of devising and delivering world-class programmes. They will be proactive, flawlessly organised, gregarious and professional.
The position is best-suited to a self-motivated, strategic and confident individual who is happy to work individually but able to play an active role as part of a multidisciplinary team. The role demands a balance of creativity and pragmatism, strategy and tactics.
Our perfect candidate will know their way around a business-to-business media and events brand, understand the commercial imperatives, and — stretching it here — know the world of 3D printing and additive manufacturing inside out.
Skills and background
- Experience of conference programme construction
- Ability to quickly get to grips with the industry and start recruiting speakers
- Comprehensive research skills to develop cutting-edge programmes
- Ability to be persuasive and encourage senior execs, time starved researchers and international talent to give up their time to attend our events as speakers
- Confidence to talk about technical subjects with leading experts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Diplomatic skills to liaise with and where necessary get through gate keepers
- Commercial acumen, with an understanding of the sales and marketing process
- An entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to take ownership of conferencing
- Ability to work occasional flexible hours and willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Knowledge of 3D printing, additive manufacturing, manufacturing or design engineering a bonus
- Working with the editors and external advisors to develop conference concepts for an international events series
- Finding the best speakers through thorough desk and on-the-road research
- Skilfully persuading speakers to present at one or more conferences
- Liaising with confirmed speakers to ensure relevant marketing collateral is collected
- Attending relevant industry and competitor events (in UK and abroad) to meet key partners and clients and scope potential speakers
- Working with the marketing department to ensure communications are accurate and correctly targeted
- Working with the event sales teams to find leads and identify additional revenue generating opportunities
- Working with operations to ensure budgetary requirements are hit and events are executed smoothly
- Running the conference on the day, including opening the conference and on-site speaker management
- To develop a prominent public profile and be seen as the lead contact and strategic mind behind the conference
- Build up key industry relationships with key commercial and non-commercial stakeholders and associations
- Production of post conference report
- Product development – contribution to topics, formats and features
- Coordinate international teams to create a coherent and marketable conference series across the UK, Europe, US and Asia
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.