Website Productive Resources
Additive Manufacturing Technologist
Warren, Michigan – Full Time
Productive Resources (www.pr-engservices.com) is seeking a candidate to be part of our engineering team at our customer’s facility in Warren, Michigan. As a member of our team, the selected candidate will have a deep knowledge in metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) across many AM processes. This fast-paced group produces products using AM methods and provides technical and manufacturing support through creative AM Solutions. Primary design and process engineering experience includes knowledge/expertise in laser powder-bed fusion Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS), Direct Metal Laser Melting (DMLM) and Directed Energy Deposition (DED) systems. You will design, fabricate, modify, and evaluate complicated and difficult mechanical and electro-mechanical components, sub-systems, and systems. Prepare design specifications, analyses and recommendations for presentation and approval. Have technical responsibility for planning, organizing, and conducting technical projects or phases of projects involving design and development of new or improved product and/or processes. Conducts independent technical investigations involving the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications and requirements. Candidate should be knowledgeable in various additive materials, process parameters, process application, and design tools. Deep awareness of industry trends, leading companies, and leading consortium/university/international laboratories activities would be a definite plus. It is essential that the candidate has a proven record of accomplishment developing product AM solutions to bring business value.
This is a full-time position that is indefinite in duration with the opportunity of professional growth, and additional opportunities within our organization.
- Plan, organize, and lead technical projects and phases of projects involving the design and development of new and improved products and processes.
- Analyze alternatives with a deep awareness of industry trends, leading companies, and leading consortium, university, and international laboratory activities.
- Serve as a technical lead on additive product development projects.
- Apply additive design tools, including topology optimization and generative design concepts specific to design for additive manufacturing (DfAM) using standard commercial software.
- Collaborate with engineering teams and material scientists to identify and drive projects to enable increased usage of DfAM by facilitating communication and sharing best practices.
- Lead and guide team members and business unit teams in the form of training, mentoring, talent development, and work verification.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Direct Metal Laser Melting (DMLM) Design and Directed Energy Deposition (DED) design, research new additive manufacturing (AM) technologies, and introduce promising technologies to the AM groups.
- 5+ years of experience with designing products for Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS), Direct Metal Laser Melting (DMLM), or Direct Energy Deposition (DED).
- Experience in the field of manufacturing technologies.
- Experience with the successful enablement of AM parts designed for light-weighting, topology optimization, and lattice design structures.
- Knowledge of CAD and FEA.
- Knowledge of engineering systems, processes, controls, and quality best practices.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- HS diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of experience with AM software packages, including simulation, slicing, and packing.
- 2+ years of experience with operating various AM machines and related post-processing equipment.
- 1+ years of experience with applying generative design principles for light-weighting, topology optimization, and lattice design structures.
- Experience with drafting and releasing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience with leadership positions in Design Engineering with focus on Additive Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of all mechanical engineering standards, material specifications, and participation in industry consortiums.
- BA or BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Certified Professional Engineer (PE) in mechanical engineering Certification.
As a condition of employment consideration, Productive Resources conducts pre-employment screening, including a background check and drug test. In addition, an employment candidate is required to provide proof of identity and legal authority to work in the United States.
Why work for Productive Resources?
Productive Resources is a full-service engineering firm with over two decades of experience serving leading global clients. Our primary focus is on project-based product development and manufacturing engineering support. Our primary industries of focus are off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, defense, mining, recreational, industrial, and specialty machines.
We lead with our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions which keep our clients engaged as a partner in their journey. Our diverse experience and client base will challenge your technical skills and provide greater opportunity for growth.
Our primary delivery center is our Technical Center in Waterloo, IA, as well as numerous customer areas we serve with onsite and remote teams throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
Health and Dental Insurance
Company Paid Life Insurance
Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
To apply for this job please visit www.prhires.com.