Website PostProcess Technologies, Inc.
A Technology that Changes Everything
Why Join the PostProcess Team
If you’re looking to join the hottest tech company in the fast-growing 3D printing market, this is the role for you. As an ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER, you will be responsible for electrical designs for PostProcess products, including design and selections of safety and overload circuit protection, pumps/motors, relays, switches, VFDs, I/O cards, pressure/pH/temperature/accelerometer selection, industrial computers/PLC controls. Working together with other electrical, mechanical, chemical and software engineers you will continually improve PostProcess’ existing offerings while developing new products that help maintain our market leader position as the provider of Post Printing solutions in the Additive Manufacturing Industry.
The successful candidate will have the ability to think strategically about our business and our customers’ success, while working in collaboration across all departments and all teams to deliver exceptional customer satisfaction to our growing list of global customers. Customer focus and hands-on execution are hallmarks of a successful PostProcess teammate.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design electrical systems for industrial machinery while ensuring designs meet the relevant UL, CSA, and/or CE requirements.
- Keep current with changing global safety regulations and standards and communicate proposed & impending changes to ensure business continuity and compliance is maintained.
- Collaborate with Document Control to manage product safety documentation.
- Implement performance metrics to identify areas of improvement or areas that could lead to non-compliance.
- Participate in Risk Assessment activities such as Hazard Analysis and FMEA’s.
- Coordinate product testing including Software, Hardware, and product safety & associated marking (UL, CSA, CE, etc)
- Responsible for the identification, design & selection of new and alternate
- Electrical/Electromechanical components to enable meeting overall product design goals.
- Evaluate and analyze 3rd party laboratories test reports, then provide and implement design solutions resulting in product compliance
- Collaborate in a team environment and assist in development and improvement of test methodologies, reporting, and coordination of various tasks
- Coordinate and manage multiple projects in parallel with tight deadlines
- Team closely with direct manager to develop OKRs that are laser-aligned with our company OKRs
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- 3-5 years of Electrical Design experience designing and updating industrial control panels
- 2-3 years minimum experience drawing detailed schematics in AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- 1-3 years engineering project development environment experience
- Experience with relevant domestic and international electrical and machinery standards (UL 508A, NEC, NFPA 79, EN 60204)
- Experience with designing single-phase and 3-phase systems, DC low-voltage circuits
- Experience building detailed electrical BOMs for production design packages
- Experience with sizing/selecting circuit protection, motors, VFDs, servo motors and drives, industrial sensors, bulkhead connectors, cables
- Strong technical and project management skills
- Experience PLC programming to IEC 61131 is a plus
- Experience with calculating Short-Circuit Current Ratings (SCCRs) of industrial machinery, power budgets is a plus
- Experience with robotics, vision systems is a plus
- Experience with Beckhoff control system hardware is a plus
- Work experiences with standards including UL, IEC, CSA, etc.
- Experience in an early stage, high-growth company is beneficial
- Knowledge of Additive Manufacturing helpful
Education and/or Certifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering; MS degree is a plus
- Strong Work Ethic
- Optimistic Problem Solver
- Team Player – willing to roll-up the sleeves and be a utility infielder as required
- Accountable & Dependable – consistently “Does What They Say They’re Going To Do”
- Resourceful – consistently gets the important things done with limited direction
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Trustworthy & Honest
- High Sense of Urgency
- Well Organized
- Quick Learner
- Seeks Team and Company Success Over Self-Promotion
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org