polySpectra is an advanced materials company with the mission to transform 3D printers from a prototyping aid into a viable manufacturing technology. We see a world where every designer, inventor, and engineer can quickly and affordably make their ideas real with digital manufacturing. polySpectra has developed best-in-class polymers that enable rapid additive manufacturing of production parts across many verticals – including medical, aerospace, automotive, and consumer products.
polySpectra is looking for an experienced hands-on expert to lead the development, optimization, and scale-up of polySpectra’s 3D printable resins and materials. The candidate will work with a dynamic interdisciplinary team to innovate and improve polySpectra’s 3D printable resin products by identifying, synthesizing, and testing new molecules and chemical pathways. The candidate will also establish chemical processes and work with suppliers to help scale our resin products for specific applications. The candidate will contribute new ideas, lead technical discussions, and execute research and development priorities at polySpectra.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of resin products at polySpectra including identifying, synthesizing, and testing new molecules and chemical pathways
- Innovate and improve novel photo-polymerizable resins to solve real world problems and applications
- Establish chemical processes and assist product scale-up activities
- Maintain accurate, detailed, and clear experimental records
- Communicate effectively with teammates and stakeholders
- Proactively identify, implement and follow safety protocols as part of the safety committee
- Comply with company policies and procedures
Required Skills and experience:
- PhD or MS + 4 years experience in chemistry, materials, chemical engineering, or related field
- Industrial experience working in an innovative, agile environment with expertise in developing commercial chemical products
- Expertise in one or both of the following desired, but not necessary
- 3D printing (SLA/DLP) – developing new monomers, oligomers, or catalysts for photo-polymerization
- ROMP – developing/scaling monomers, oligomers, or catalysts
- Process chemistry – scale-up expertise working with suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Enthusiasm for learning, solving problems, and working in a team environment
- Ability to juggle multiple talks simultaneously, and exhibit operational and executional excellence
polySpectra is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). It is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity in our workforce and recognize that inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.