polySpectra is an advanced materials company with the mission to transform 3D printers from a prototyping aid into a viable manufacturing technology. We see a world where every designer, inventor, and engineer can quickly and affordably make their ideas real with digital manufacturing. polySpectra has developed best-in-class polymers that enable rapid additive manufacturing of production parts across many verticals – including medical, aerospace, automotive, and consumer products.
We are looking for a dedicated and talented formulation chemist to formulate the next generation of 3D printing materials. You will work with the research and development team to formulate novel photopolymer resins for stereolithography. You will also aid production and product teams to scale-up formulations and processes. You will have the opportunity to work with agile, dynamic, and interdisciplinary teams and expand your technical and professional capabilities. This is a full-time position in Berkeley, CA.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Formulate new polymeric resins for 3D printing while working in wet-labs and fume hoods to aid research and development.
- Formulate larger volumes of resins for product development and production.
- Synthesize photoinitiators and catalysts.
- Implement and perform quality control protocols for formulations using standard and novel chemical characterization techniques.
- Aid formulation scale-up and improvement activities.
- Meticulously document formulation activities for providence and cross-referencing.
- Work and communicate with multiple teams.
- Implement and follow laboratory safety procedures, housekeeping tasks, and follow company policies and procedures.
- BS or MS with a background in chemistry, chemical engineering, polymers, or materials science.
- Hands-on experience with formulation.
- Experience working in a wet chemistry laboratory.
- Experience working with hazardous chemicals and materials.
- Expertise in basic chemistry laboratory techniques including pipetting, weighing, mixing, etc. and ability to follow complex experimental protocols.
- Attention to detail, meticulous documentation, good housekeeping, and ability to execute effectively.
- Ability to juggle requests from multiple teams.
Preferred Prior Experience:
- Experience formulating photopolymers for photolithographic/stereolithographic applications.
- Experience with scaling-up formulation and processes for production.
- Familiarity with chemical characterization techniques such as NMR and UV-vis.
polySpectra is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). It is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity in our workforce and recognize that inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.