Rugged Resins For Industrial Additive Manufacturing
polySpectra is an advanced materials company with the mission to transform 3D printers from a prototyping aid into a viable manufacturing technology. We see a world where every designer, inventor, and engineer can quickly and affordably make their ideas real with digital manufacturing. polySpectra has developed best-in-class polymers that enable rapid additive manufacturing of production parts across many verticals – including medical, aerospace, automotive, and consumer products.
polySpectra is seeking an experienced technical leader, to serve as the Director of Product Development. This is a leadership position, responsible for the management and growth of the Product Development Team. Experience in translating chemical innovation into industrial products is essential. The Director of Product Development will be responsible for collaborating across the organization to deliver best-in-class photopolymer resins to polySpectra’s diverse customer base. The candidate will also establish chemical processes and work with suppliers to help scale our resin products for specific applications. The candidate will contribute new ideas, lead technical discussions, and execute research and development priorities at polySpectra.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Lead the Product Development Team
- Collaborate across polySpectra to introduce new products and make improvements to polySpectra’s
- Cyclic Olefin Resin photopolymers, to solve real world problems and applications
- Work closely with polySpectra’s customers and partners to deliver world-class additive manufacturing solutions
- Report directly to the CEO
- Establish chemical processes and assist product scale-up activities
- Maintain accurate, detailed, and clear experimental records
- Excitement to work in a high-growth startup environment
- An educational background in a physical science or engineering discipline
- >5 years of experience in a product development or R&D leadership role
- >5 years of experience working in the manufacturing, materials or industrial sectors
- Enthusiasm for learning, solving problems, and working in a team environment
- A track record of building teams to deliver results in a physical science, engineering or manufacturing environment
- Passion for manufacturing
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent, high-tempo communication skills
- Desire for excellence over convenience
Preferred Prior Experience
- Hands-on experience in chemistry, materials science or hardware engineering
- Experience with olefin metathesis
- Experience with additive manufacturing, in particular photopolymer resins
polySpectra is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). It is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity in our workforce and recognize that inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.