An advanced 3D printed materials company
polySpectra is an advanced materials company with the mission to transform 3D printers from a prototyping aid into a viable manufacturing technology. We see a world where every designer, inventor, and engineer can quickly and affordably make their ideas real with digital manufacturing. polySpectra has developed best-in-class polymers that enable rapid additive manufacturing of production parts across many verticals – including medical, aerospace, automotive, and consumer products.
We are seeking a meticulous and dedicated laboratory technician to produce 3D-printed parts and to support R&D activities. The lab technician will run a variety of benchmark sales parts and fulfill customer orders using experimental materials, paying careful attention to varying and detailed processing procedures and final part quality. There will be ample opportunity to learn new experimental skills and participate in cutting edge materials research. This position is full-time, based in Berkeley, CA.
Please note: The hours for this position will begin approximately at 1-2 pm, with some flexibility around the exact start time. Work is expected to be completed on-site, and employees are expected to comply with local and state regulations in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, including wearing a mask on-site, maintaining social-distance, reporting symptoms and taking sick leave when necessary, and ensuring a clean and safe working environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Produce 3D printed parts and fulfill customer orders according to exacting experimental procedures
- Prepare and monitor the supply of stock materials and supplies for 3D printing
- Ensure quality standards and specifications of printed parts through testing and analysis of results
- Maintain accurate, detailed, and clear experimental records
- Assist Lab Manager with preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment and help to maintain laboratory
- Communicate effectively with teammates
- Follow all safety procedures, including the handling of hazardous chemicals, and company policies and procedures
- First and foremost: attention to detail, ability to follow complex protocols, and safe laboratory practices
- Experience working in chemistry, biology, engineering, aerospace manufacturing, medical or dental laboratories, or around hazardous materials
- Familiarity with data analysis software and concepts, good record-keeping and communication skills, ability to juggle multiple tasks effectively
- Enthusiasm for learning, solving problems, and working in a team environment
Preferred Prior Experience
- Experience with 3D printing, specifically stereolithography
- Experience with standard mechanical testing equipment and methods
- Experience with manufacturing operations
polySpectra is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). It is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity in our workforce and recognize that inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.