We are looking for a Senior Sales Applications Engineer! As part of a lean team operating with a startup mindset, the Sr. Sales Application Engineer will be the primary technical contact with prospects and new customers of the QLS polymer 3D printer. This position will act as the voice of the customer within the technical team and provide technical sales support throughout all phases of the sales process. A solid understanding of polymer laser sintering (SLS) or other polymer powder bed fusion technologies (e.g. MJF) is required.
- Work with prospective customers of Additive Manufacturing equipment to mature and validate their use cases in support of printer and material sales.
- Lead and/or support technical presentations to prospective customers.
- Support pre-sales activities by validating application requirements: Running sample parts, performing build simulations, creating cost estimates, and conducting repeatability studies.
- Act as the technical “Voice of the Customer” by relaying any technical feedback and lessons learned from conversations with prospects and customers to the QLS technical team. An ability to restate customer needs as product feature requests.
- Lead benchmarking process maintaining constant communication with the workshop, customer, and sales.
- Assess prospect benchmarks for manufacturability, material choice, parts orientation, packing density, and 3D printing strategy.
- Work closely with new customers (on-site, as needed) to ensure installation is seamless, integration is successful and set them up for potential follow-on sales of multiple printers.
- Conduct live demos for prospective customers.
- Support the development of the complete QLS workflow, from materials handling to post-processing.
- Prepare models and files for sales samples and trade show events.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, by managing and interpreting their requirements
As the scale of the program increases, create and lead a team of application engineers, as needed.
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree, or comparable experience.
3+ years of experience working with 3D Printers / Additive Manufacturing, high preference for experience with polymer laser sintering (SLS) or other polymer powder bed fusion technologies (e.g. MJF).
- 3+ years experience with 3D CAD, mesh editing, and/or CAM software.
Skill in modifying/ repairing .stl or mesh files using tools such as Magics, MeshMixer, and Blender is highly desirable.
- Solidworks experience is highly desirable.
Advanced skills in preparing and nesting build jobs using industry-standard software (Netfabb or Magics) are preferable.
- A demonstrated ability to work autonomously with minimal direction is critical.
- Experience interacting with customers and prospective customers and tacit understanding of typical customer expectations in at least one of the primary AM verticals (consumer goods, medical, job-shop, automotive, aerospace, etc).
- Willing to travel offsite for installations, customer training, and troubleshooting.
Willing to support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and creative problem solving – including design for manufacture, and ability to restate customer needs as product feature requests.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and to meet customer deadlines on a regular basis.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms and ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we continue to learn from each other is an integral part of the Nexa3D culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.