Website Nexa3D, Inc.
The R&D Engineer is responsible for supporting different projects in the department related to research, design, development improvement of products and processes for the current and future 3D printing solution. The work requires both understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering. This person will work as a process and development team member on cross-functional teams and design, prototype and test mechanical components used in 3D printing.
- Inspects and leads all aspects of testing of prototypes, tools, and fixtures after fabrication to ensure that they meet requirements and specifications.
- Strong hands-on experience setting up prototype printers and R&D equipment which consist of electromechanical components including sensors, actuators, microcontrollers.
- Able to design, develop and implement mechanical tooling, fixturing, and measurement devices.
- Able to use electrical engineering tools for prototyping hardware troubleshooting.
- Creates and edits engineering technical reports, work instructions and procedures for process validation related documents.
- Supports basic engineering operations, and scientific evaluation on new technology concepts and product development.
- Conducts functional and performance testing of products to ensure that the product and its components meet the required specifications.
- Identifies issues and communicates status to peers and managers.
- Performs hands-on testing for design verification and test method developments.
- Able to analyze data using statistical tools and derive conclusions.
- Supports design control review meetings to ensure completion of required project goals, and coordinate activities with multi- functional team members on action items.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Possesses a good technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures (experience preferably in 3D printing).
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced results-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of CAD software for modeling and for reviewing and updating drawings is essential.
- Experience in one or more of the following: 3D printing, R&D in development, Process validation
- a successful track record of product development from concept through launch.
- Effective verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com