Website Nexa 3D, Inc.
The technical writer will create product installation and operations manuals, service documentation, technical/material/safety data sheets, and other online content including whitepapers and bulletins. He/she will be responsible for generating and/or compiling the multi-media content necessary to increase the knowledge of the intended audience, as well as maintaining and revising authored documentation.
- Create, update, and maintain Product Manuals, Quick Start Guides, and Software Help documentation for end users, in a multi-lingual capable format.
- Create Service Manual(s), engineering and retrofit instructions, and technical service bulletins for technicians and resellers
Compile and publish technical data sheets and material safety data sheets for consumable products
- Generate technical white papers and bulletins for online publication, and identify potential content to improve product/consumable experience and knowledge.
- Generate multi-media content for use in documentation
- Manage proper naming conventions, revision control, and file storage procedures. Develop standardized processes for reviews/approvals/releases with consideration of business goals, compliance, and legal requirements.
- Participate in product hazard assessments to apply relevant risk mitigations in generated documentation.
- Interviews subject matter experts and collaborates with team members from Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Service, and Process/Applications in order to generate new standardized procedures for documentation. Coordinates hands-on validation of procedures before final release.
- On occasion, may assist engineering or manufacturing teams with technical specifications/documents, and/or work instructions as required, as well as assisting with documentation control processes and procedures.
- Proficient with technical media software such as Adobe Creative Cloud, G-Suite, and/or MS Office, as well as structured authoring in Adobe XML editor or similar.
- Capable of using CAD tools such as Solidworks Composer for generating necessary 2D/3D graphics and renders, and MS Visio or similar for generating schematics and diagrams.
- Experienced in software help documentation generation, i.e., CHM, and/or online documentation (Confluence, etc.).
- Familiarity with localization and/or translation of digital documentation.
- Possess solid familiarity with document layout formatting in both print and digital media.
- Demonstrated ability to track the schedule, status, and development of several projects with multiple documents, and prioritize requests for the organization’s technical documentation needs.
- Have strong ability to effectively communicate complex subjects to audiences with diverse technical backgrounds and proficiencies.
- Be able to drive projects independently and identify needs with regards to process, tools, and resource dependencies, in to optimize productivity and high quality, on-schedule output.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in creating, writing, and editing technical media in a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org