Website Nexa 3D, Inc.
Do you like to design? Have the ability to create formulas? Then we have a job for you! Nexa3D is hiring a bright mind to join our team of MAD SCIENTISTS!
Located in Ventura California, we are a young and dynamic company backed by a very strong strategic partner and focused on innovation and creative thinking. Rated #1 in the industry, Nexa3D integrates the latest exponential technologies in components, sensors, optical systems, and chemistry that apply Moore’s Law to a new, proprietary 3D Printing technology. The result is a professional 3D Printer that takes 3D Printing from hours to minutes making it FASTER, with a LARGER build volume, at HIGHER resolutions, and a LOWER cost. We’re doing this with user experience and a design-oriented approach that is making the NEXA3D technology elegant and compact.
The Polymer Scientist will be responsible for the development of NEXA3D’s photocurable resin portfolio including conception, analysis, design, integration, optimization, and testing.
- Develop and formulate high-performance photopolymers for 3D printing
- Familiarity with the advanced design of experiment techniques and statistical analysis
- Identify and bridge innovative ideas from diverse fields and industries. Understand and evaluate technical and economic feasibility to develop game-changing material technologies.
- Identify opportunities for establishing intellectual property positions and actively pursue patent filings.
- Identify relevant emerging technologies and leverage information to constantly advance NEXA3D’s technology development roadmap.
- Work with vendors to define, characterize and drive the development of resins
- Work with hardware and software engineers to optimize printing performance
- Drive the resin product life cycle-form concept to a launched product
- Master or Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Material Science, Polymer Science, or related field
- Have a minimum of 5 years hands-on industry/academic experience in the development of polymer materials: resins, coatings, adhesives, elastomers, films, foams, rubbers, composites, thermoplastics, thermosets
- Demonstrated expertise in formulating a wide range of high-performance polymers: acrylate, urethane, epoxy, silicone, rubbers, plastics
- Self-motivated and able to operate with little supervision in a complex environment
- Experience in process optimization, research reporting, and marketing support
- Highly organized with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excited to collaborate with a diverse group of scientists and engineers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org