Next Generation Inspection
Meter is a startup building next generation volumetric imaging technology. We are transforming industrial inspection with a combination of innovative hardware and software with the goal of reducing costs by more than 10x. Our technology will give engineers, designers, and eventually medical practitioners more confidence in their processes while simultaneously lowering the barrier to high quality imaging and inspection tools.
Our team of engineers includes world-class researchers and industrial designers, PhDs, founders of successful startups, and zero egos. We are backed by some of the top venture capital funds and angel investors in Silicon Valley and beyond. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA and has an office in San Francisco, CA.
About the role
This role is focused on designing and integrating new imaging systems into the hardware that Meter’s engineers are building. This includes identifying optical components, designing, prototyping, and validating hardware, and analyzing data for entire engineering systems. You will use the data from your experiments to recommend design or operational improvements to hardware and software features and systems, always keeping the customer in mind. As an optical systems engineer, you will have a direct impact on introducing new imaging technology to the industrial inspection market.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team on a complex hardware-software problem
- Disrupt the multi-billion dollar industrial inspection market
- Define the standards for a totally new class of technology
- Identify and test cameras and optical systems to optimize imaging performance
- Develop imaging analysis and processing techniques to analyze the data you gather so you can continuously iterate and improve
- Communicate your results to the rest of the team on a regular basis
- Have an engineering background and are interested in hands-on testing with a variety of inspection hardware
- Have experience planning and executing experiments to characterize R&D samples, commercial components and entire subsystems
- Are well-versed in cameras and optics
- Enjoy following, improving, and documenting processes and procedures
- Are excited about integrating novel technologies into existing hardware
- Enjoy collaborating within and across teams
- Can handle large data sets with scientific computing in MATLAB, Python, C++, etc
Bonus points for
- Experience working in manufacturing, industrial inspection, or medical imaging
- A portfolio of your work you can share
This opportunity is based out of our company HQ in the Boston, MA area. You may be required to travel occasionally to Meter’s San Francisco office, depending on local, state, and federal regulations and recommendations pertaining to COVID-19.
Meter offers both competitive cash and equity compensation, as well as health, 401k, parental, and commuter benefits.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on “protected categories,” Meter also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior from ever gaining a foothold in our company. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Meter.
Reach out if you want to be a part of what we are building.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.