Precision Metal 3D Printing for the Tooling Industry
Mantle is a venture-backed technology company that is helping manufacturers bring new products to life faster, cheaper, and more easily than ever before with its patented TrueShape™ metal 3D printing technology. By combining hardware, software, and materials, Mantle is creating a new category of metal additive manufacturing that is being rapidly adopted by major global OEMs.
Mantle’s employees thrive in an environment where multiple fields of study come together to solve challenging and important problems. You will be joining a diverse, cross-functional team that is bringing to market the most advanced precision metal 3D printing technology designed for high volume production. Mantle is fundamentally changing how metal parts are made.
As VP of Manufacturing you will work directly with the CEO and various engineering teams to lead all sourcing and manufacturing efforts to bring Mantle’s unique 3D metal printing technology to market. Manufacturing activities will include planning and executing batch assembly of precision componentry, which you will achieve through a strategic mix of in-house and contract manufacturer assembly lines. You will be responsible for supply management, including sourcing major mechanical and electrical components in the USA, Asia, and Europe, requiring factory visits, vendor qualification, and implementation of quality control systems. You will also work with Mantle’s materials development team to set up, oversee, and optimize the supply chain for the manufacturing and distribution of Mantle’s metal materials for 3D printing. This role requires extensive line setup & management, project planning, reporting and coordination to achieve on-time delivery of the company’s next-generation industrial equipment. Tasks include:
- Setting up, overseeing and optimizing complex manufacturing lines for the assembly and testing of precision products, both in-house and with contract manufacturers
- Developing global supplier strategies, selecting partners, and forming supplier agreements for the manufacture of custom mechanical, electrical and chemical components
- Maintaining close coordination with the hardware design team to lead DFM reviews and direct key design decisions based on manufacturing requirements
- Project management of all company manufacturing and sourcing activities across a global supplier base
- Cost reduction of sourced components via vendor negotiation, alternative sourcing and supply chain optimization
- Building and growing the manufacturing engineering team to maximize DFM and product consistency and quality
- 8+ years experience in a lead manufacturing role building industrial equipment or products of similar complexity
- Demonstrated manufacturing management experience including assembly line setup and optimization, leading design for manufacturing activities and contract manufacturer selection and management
- Demonstrated expertise in sourcing, vendor management, and quality control for the production of industrial-grade products with a major manufacturer
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems design, sourcing, quality control and IT software and systems for manufacturing
- Bachelors or Masters in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering, or a similar technical degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Mantle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide complete benefits and competitive compensation that includes equity ownership. You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Mantle, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com