Precision Metal 3D Printing for the Tooling Industry
Who we are:
Mantle is a venture-backed technology company that is helping manufacturers bring new products to life faster, cheaper, and more easily than ever before with its patented TrueShape™ metal 3D printing technology. By combining hardware, software, and materials, Mantle is creating a new category of metal additive manufacturing that is being rapidly adopted by major global OEMs.
Mantle’s employees thrive in an environment where multiple fields of study come together to solve challenging and important problems. You will be joining a diverse, cross-functional team that is bringing to market the most advanced precision metal 3D printing technology designed for high volume production. Mantle is fundamentally changing how metal parts are made.
We are looking for an highly experienced Mechanical Engineer with a solid background in machine design to join our small dynamic team of accomplished engineers. We have a mixture of incremental and innovative design work ahead of ourselves. In this small company, you will do everything from design and analysis to drawings, prototype assembly and testing. Given our unique product, you also will learn from fellow engineers and materials scientists regarding our product challenges.
With this dynamic environment comes the need for a highly energetic engineer who is ready to dive into design and testing with the purpose of propelling our product development forward. We are looking for someone who is self motivated, a quick learner and a solid communicator. We do a lot of fun and challenging work every day, but we also work hard to maintain an easy going environment with a strong sense of community.
Project work includes:
- Industrial machine design utilizing both off the shelf and custom parts.
- Mechanical designs for use in high temperature applications, such as in a furnace
- Structural engineering and electronics packaging activities
- Engineering analysis covering strength, modal nodes, thermal and air flow
- Electro-mechanical solutions with feedback for motion controls, materials processing and error detection
- Working with vendors to help specify components and best implementations
- May include working with external design resources
- Minimum of 12 years experience in machine design with a BS in Mechanical Engineering or 10 years of experience with a MSME.
- Significant experience with machine design of industrial equipment including design, analysis, specification and documentation
- Strong experience in a variety of manufacturing techniques including forming, cutting, turning and molding
- Experienced user in Solidworks, including Simulation and Flow Analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Mantle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide complete benefits and competitive compensation that includes equity ownership. You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Mantle, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.mantle3d.com.