Precision Metal 3D Printing for the Tooling Industry
Mantle is a venture-backed technology company that is helping manufacturers bring new products to life faster, cheaper, and more easily than ever before with its patented TrueShape™ metal 3D printing technology. By combining hardware, software, and materials, Mantle is creating a new category of metal additive manufacturing that is being rapidly adopted by major global OEMs.
Mantle’s employees thrive in an environment where multiple fields of study come together to solve challenging and important problems. You will be joining a diverse, cross-functional team that is bringing to market the most advanced precision metal 3D printing technology designed for high volume production. Mantle is fundamentally changing how metal parts are made.
We are looking for an outstanding mechanical designer to join our small dynamic team of accomplished mechanical engineers. You will experience the full Product Life Cycle of industrial machine design, from early concept through prototyping, testing, iteration and into final product development with a transfer to Manufacturing. As a designer, the expectation is that you will work with an engineer who will help define the design and component selections while your job is to make the design, release drawings and assist with first article assembly and testing.
With our dynamic environment comes the need for a highly energetic person who is ready to dive into design and testing to propel our product development forward. We are looking for someone who is self motivated, a quick learner and a solid communicator. We do a lot of fun and challenging work every day, but we also work hard to maintain an easy going environment with a strong sense of community.
Project work includes:
- Mechanical designs under engineering direction including sheet metal enclosures, electronics mounting, mechanism iterations and machine component mounting
- Drawing creation and releasing in document control procedure
- First article building and fitment testing
- May include basic testing and execution
- Minimum of 8 years experience mechanical design and drafting
- Familiarity with industrial equipment design and construction.
- Strong experience in designing parts fabricated by sheet metal forming, CNC machining, and lathe turning.
- Knowledge of basic GD&T and drawing creation
- Experience with document control applications and ECO release procedures
- Experienced user in Solidworks
- AA or Bachelors in mechanical engineering or equivalent design and engineering experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Mantle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide complete benefits and competitive compensation that includes equity ownership. You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Mantle, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.mantle3d.com.