Precision Metal 3D Printing for the Tooling Industry
Mantle is a venture-backed technology company that is helping manufacturers bring new products to life faster, cheaper, and more easily than ever before with its patented TrueShape™ metal 3D printing technology. By combining hardware, software, and materials, Mantle is creating a new category of metal additive manufacturing that is being rapidly adopted by major global OEMs.
Mantle’s employees thrive in an environment where multiple fields of study come together to solve challenging and important problems. You will be joining a diverse, cross-functional team that is bringing to market the most advanced precision metal 3D printing technology designed for high volume production. Mantle is fundamentally changing how metal parts are made.
As an Electronics Technician at Mantle, you will play an integral role in Mantle’s Manufacturing Department assembling 3D metal printing systems and related equipment. Work will range from assembly and testing of electromechanical subsystems to creation of standard operating procedures to repair / maintenance of existing systems. Day to day tasks include:
- Assembly and integration of custom subassemblies, including electronics cabinets, cable harnesses, metal additive manufacturing hardware, and custom test fixtures and apparatus
- Execution of manufacturing tests using a mixture of custom software and electro-mechanical characterization and setup.
- Calibration and setup of sensors and 3 / 4 axis control systems
- Drafting and editing of standard operating procedures (SOPs), bills of materials (BOMs) process flow documents, test documents, and assembly diagrams
- Repair and maintenance of 3D printers
- Light in-house fabrication of test fixtures or modification of parts
- Minimum of five years experience in a technical role building or supporting electronic equipment
- Demonstrated experience with soldering, wire crimping, cable harness routing, sensor calibration.
- Experience with multi-axis CNC control systems a plus
- Demonstrated experience running quality control/performance verification tests in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering / technical discipline or equivalent in-industry experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience with BOM management and product lifecycle management software
Mantle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide complete benefits and competitive compensation that includes equity ownership. You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Mantle, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.mantle3d.com.