Precision Metal 3D Printing for the Tooling Industry
Mantle is a venture-backed technology company that is helping manufacturers bring new products to life faster, cheaper, and more easily than ever before with its patented TrueShape™ metal 3D printing technology. By combining hardware, software, and materials, Mantle is creating a new category of metal additive manufacturing that is being rapidly adopted by major global OEMs.
Mantle’s employees thrive in an environment where multiple fields of study come together to solve challenging and important problems. You will be joining a diverse, cross-functional team that is bringing to market the most advanced precision metal 3D printing technology designed for high volume production. Mantle is fundamentally changing how metal parts are made.
You will combine electro-mechanical design skills and embedded systems implementation expertise to help Mantle bring its first metal 3D printer to market. You will design and prove electro-mechanical subsystems of Mantle’s industrial printer, taking them from concept development to shipping product. You will work closely with engineers from other disciplines to ensure the success of a highly integrated, high-precision industrial machine. Tasks include:
- Leading the implementation and verification of machine features controlled by embedded controllers or PLCs.
- Architecting the embedded systems of an industrial strength product and conducting failure analysis to support your designs.
- Rapid prototyping of electro-mechanical systems, by driving the development of sensor systems, actuator controls, and electrical integrations.
- Designing and executing experiments to prove effective control delivered by power-intensive printer sub-systems.
- Presenting concepts, managing workflow, documenting progress, cooperating and contributing as part of the larger engineering team of mechanical, electrical, materials and software engineers.
- 5+ years of expertise developing embedded systems and software, with 3+ years work experience creating or interfacing to industrial machines and/or motion control systems.
- History realizing electrical systems including embedded processors, distributed sensors and serial buses.
- Familiarity with PLC ladder language programming a plus.
- Practical experience deploying motion control systems, amplifiers, motors, encoders, PID controllers, high voltage actuators, sensors, including the specification, bringup, tuning, and debug of all of the above.
- Familiarity with G-code or other motion control language a plus.
- Experience contributing to production codebases in team settings, with deployments in C/C++ (or other) to real-time embedded targets, including fault detection on distributed systems. RTOS a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to solve a range of physics problems, where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors.
- Track record for “getting things done” in cooperation with engineers in other disciplines, guided by a structured development process from ideation to final shipping product.
- Bachelors or Masters in mechanical, electrical, physics, or related engineering field. Strong verbal and written communication skills, as demonstrated through interactions with peers and management.
Mantle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide complete benefits and competitive compensation that includes equity ownership. You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Mantle, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.mantle3d.com.