As a Senior Software Engineer at MakerBot, you will be focusing on the design and coding of MakerBot CloudPrint™. We are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers, who enjoy complex problem solving to help develop an ever-evolving set of innovative features and services for CloudPrint. In this role, you will make a direct impact on our users’ 3d printing experience!
MakerBot believes there’s an innovator in all of us. As a global leader in desktop 3D printing, we set the standard in reliability and ease-of-use by providing effective solutions for every stage of the desktop 3D printing process. From the start, we have also redefined what’s possible for makers of all walks by introducing many industry firsts. Since the onset of the global pandemic, the power and possibilities of 3D printing have never been more apparent.
Today, we are proud to both serve the largest install base of 3D printers worldwide (see makerbot.com) and run thingiverse.com, the largest 3D design community in the world. We also lead the industry with fully cloud-operable printers and our recently launched cloud-based 3D printing collaboration and print preparation software, MakerBot CloudPrint™.
- Senior role in design, coding and troubleshooting of large-scale cloud-based apps/services focused on best practices for secure and clean code, optimized performance, and comprehensive documentation.
- Lead/architect role in cloud-based application and multi-system integration architecture.
- Take proactive ownership of projects and tasks from concept to production with commitment to success and ongoing support; with empathy for our customers’ experience at every layer of software.
- Collaborate continuously with peers, product partners and teams across MakerBot; understanding the importance of giving and receiving code reviews and feedback, while amenable to change and motivated to share knowledge.
- “Test early, test often” philosophy in unit, feature and regression testing, to ensure high-quality components and services.
- Support teammates and team partners; help guide junior engineers and build their skills.
- 6+ years experience employed as a Software Engineer
- Experience designing and writing code for professional/commercial apps in React/Redux
- Experience with Cloud-based Microservice architecture
- Experience building cross-platform desktop applications using Electron.js
- Experience working with Three.js (WebGL) and/or 3D model manipulation
- A strong interest in 3D printing
- Experience optimizing browser-side performance
- Experience with building & managing containerized apps (i.e., Docker)
- Experience with auto integration testing tools such as Cypress.js
- Experience coding in Go
- Experience with hardware/Software integration
- Experience with developing applications for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS
How we work:
- Compact & Agile: We aren’t afraid to try new things if something isn’t working, but we also aim to be pragmatic about scope and timelines, and seek to find the right balance; we work in multi-week sprints, run a casual daily stand-up, and hold spirited sprint planning and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Coordinated Release Cycle: After passing all unit tests, new code goes through an asynchronous (i.e. via GitHub) peer review cycle followed by automation testing, QA and Product review; with fully automated CI/CD and weekly release schedule to align teams.
- Demo Day (now virtual): Every other Friday the software, product, and design teams gather to share what we’ve been working on. It’s a nice way to wind down the week. Soft drinks and beer provided!
- Programming Workshop (now virtual): On non-Demo Day Fridays we hold an optional programming workshop. This is a team-driven meeting where topics are suggested by all of us. Want to learn something new? Suggest it! Want to tell everyone how great some new tech is? Propose it! Beverages provided.
- Training Opportunities (now virtual): Is there a conference or training you’d like to attend? A book you want to buy? We can make that happen!
- Quarterly team outings (TBD post-pandemic): We carve out time to have fun on company time! Events in the past have included: catching a film and grabbing lunch at the nearby Alamo Drafthouse; playing games, sipping beers, and slamming snacks at Barcade, and exploring good eats in Brooklyn on a local food tour. We are always open to suggestions!
Sometimes, it’s the little (virtual) things:
- Weekly virtual, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course, but also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge and expertise to help and teach you how to use them.
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. MakerBot’s connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MakerBot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
To apply for this job please visit careers.stratasys.com.