MakerBot is looking for a Senior Product Manager, Software to join our team located in Brooklyn, NY (Optional Remote). This position will be responsible for managing elements of MakerBot’s new CloudPrint print preparation and collaboration platform, as well as other products as needed. It is an opportunity to be at the forefront of the rapidly growing 3D printing industry by helping to define MakerBot’s software offering. The product manager will work closely with engineers, designers, QA, and other stakeholders to devise product roadmaps and successfully bring them to market.
- Define the product vision and strategy for MakerBot CloudPrint and other MakerBot products including an ecosystem of sophisticated cloud services
- Become voice of the customer for MakerBot software products by conducting customer interviews, surveys, and focus groups
- Work with engineers, designers, QA, and other stakeholders to define product roadmaps, customer issues, and successfully bring them to market
- Partner with customer support, sales team, and other stakeholders to help troubleshoot and resolve customer pain points
- Drive a culture of transparency where all stakeholders are aware of progress and risks
- Be a catalyst for new opportunities – balancing investments in existing products with new innovations
- 5+ years of experience in product management or similar roles (experience working at the intersection of hardware and software a plus)
- Experience in a Scrum/Agile environment and familiarity with Agile tools
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field preferred but not required
- Strong technical understanding, with the ability to establish credibility with engineers and occasionally be able to get hands-on
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results
- Must be comfortable presenting to customers, partners, and internal audiences
- Proven track record of shipping successful products – from conception to market
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who takes ownership over his/her work
- Strategic, data-driven mentality who leverage KPIs to define their success
- Capable of holding teams accountable for shipping products on a regular basis
- Experience with 3D printers and 3D design
Sometimes, it’s the little (virtual) things:
- Weekly virtual, after-work yoga
- Access to 3D printers, of course, but also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge and expertise to help and teach you how to use them
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. MakerBot’s connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MakerBot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com