MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd., was founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY. As a global leader in desktop 3D printing and the largest install base worldwide, we set the standard in reliability and ease-of-use by providing effective solutions for every stage of the desktop 3D printing process. Today, we are proud to lead the industry with fully cloud-operable printers and 3D printing & collaboration software, MakerBot CloudPrint™. We also run Thingiverse, the largest 3D design community. MakerBot believes there’s an innovator in all of us and since the onset of the global pandemic, the power and possibilities of 3D printing have never been more apparent!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and code MakerBot CloudPrint™ and an ever-evolving set of innovative features and services. We are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers, who enjoy complex problem solving and innovative solutions to make a direct impact on our users’ 3D printing experience.
- Lead design, coding, and support of enterprise-scale, cloud-based apps/services focused on best practices for clean, secure, performant code and crisp documentation.
- Own projects and tasks from concept to production with commitment to “Test early, test often” methodology, ongoing support, and our customers’ optimal experience.
- Collaborate continuously with peers, product partners, and teams across MakerBot; understanding the importance of code reviews, feedback, and knowledge sharing as well as mentorship to junior engineers.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 4+ years of experience designing and writing code (for professional apps/services) within:
- SQL & NoSQL DBs
- 2+ years of experience leading cloud-based Microservice architecture and implementation
- 1+ years of experience designing and writing code (for professional apps/services) in React/Redux
- A strong interest in 3D printing
- Experience building cross-platform desktop applications using Electron.js
- Experience working with Three.js (WebGL) and/or 3D model manipulation
- Experience optimizing browser-side performance
- Experience with auto integration testing tools such as Cypress.js
- Experience with hardware/software integration
- Experience with developing applications for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS
How we work at MakerBot:
- Compact & Agile: We aren’t afraid to try new things if something isn’t working, but we also aim to be pragmatic about scope and timelines and seek to find the right balance; we work in multi-week sprints, run a casual daily stand-up, and hold spirited sprint planning and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Coordinated Release Cycle: After passing all unit tests, new code goes through an asynchronous (i.e. via GitHub) peer review cycle followed by automation testing, QA and Product review; with fully automated CI/CD and weekly release schedule to align teams.
- Demo Day (now virtual): Every other Friday the software, product, and design teams gather to share what we’ve been working on. It’s a nice way to wind down the week. Soft drinks and beer provided!
- Programming Workshop (now virtual): On non-Demo Day Fridays we hold an optional programming workshop. This is a team-driven meeting where topics are suggested by all of us. Want to learn something new? Suggest it! Want to tell everyone how great some new tech is? Propose it! Beverages provided.
- Training Opportunities (now virtual): Is there a conference or training you’d like to attend? A book you want to buy? We can make that happen!
- Quarterly team outings (TBD post-pandemic): We carve out time to have fun on company time! Events in the past have included: catching a film and grabbing lunch at the nearby Alamo Drafthouse; playing games, sipping beers, and slamming snacks at Barcade, and exploring good eats in Brooklyn on a local food tour. We are always open to suggestions!
- The tools you’ll work with: Git/GitHub, NPM, Google Cloud Platform, CircleCI, Harness, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Functions & Storage, AWS S3, CDN, DataDog, GCP Monitoring, Gulp, Sass, MySQL, Cloud SQL, Redis, FireBase, JIRA, Slack, TeamCity, Jenkins, JFrog, and MacStadium
Sometimes, it’s the little (virtual) things:
- Weekly virtual, after-work yoga
- Access to 3D printers, of course, but also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge and expertise to help and teach you how to use them
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MakerBot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
To apply for this job please visit careers.stratasys.com.