MakerBot believes there’s an innovator in everyone. As a global leader in desktop 3D printing, we set the standard in reliability and ease-of-use by providing effective solutions for every stage of the desktop 3D printing process. From the start, we have also redefined what’s possible for makers of all walks by introducing many industry firsts. Today, we are proud to both serve the largest install base of 3D printers worldwide and run the largest 3D design community in the world. Take a look at thingiverse.com (re-designed this year) and our product line at makerbot.com.
Over the past few years, we’ve enhanced the functionality and accessibility of our printers through a web-based ecosystem of MakerBot apps and services. In the last year we’ve expanded on that vision by leading the industry with 100% cloud-operable printers. And the web team makes that possible. Your work will have an enormous impact on our users. Check out makerbot.com/cloudprint to see for yourself!
In a nutshell, we are looking for someone who:
- Can take a feature from concept to execution by thinking through problems and potential pain points and offer solutions while working in harmony with others involved in the process.
- Is able to understand, maintain, and build upon existing systems.
- In-depth interest and knowledge of Web based technologies
Specifically, a successful candidate will have:
- Passion for collaboration across team and company
- A strong bias for maintainable and performant code.
- Skills and motivation to troubleshoot defects and production issues
- Empathy with our users and aims to do right by them.
- “Test early, test often” philosophy in unit, feature and regression testing to ensure high quality components and services
- Strong written communication skills and a belief in the power of documentation
- The ability to write and consume service APIs (For a backend candidate)
- As user data is very important for providing a customized experience, a thorough understanding of security best practices is necessary
How we work:
- We are a compact and nimble team. We aren’t afraid to try new things if something isn’t working but we also aim to be pragmatic about scope and timelines and seek to find the right balance
- We follow some overarching principles of agile and scrum methodologies. Specifically, we work in multi-week sprints, run a casual daily stand-up, and hold spirited sprint planning and sprint retrospective meetings
- After passing all unit tests, new code goes through an asynchronous (i.e. via GitHub) peer review cycle and followed by automation testing before it gets sent off to spend some quality time with our QA and Product teams
- We have a fully automated CI/CD infrastructure, but stick to a coordinated weekly release schedule to align teams
Essential Skills – Frontend/UI Candidate:
- HTML5 & CSS/Sass
- React / Vue.js
- UI design & commitment to pixel-perfect standards
- Browser rendering optimization
- Git/GitHub (or equivalent)
Essential Skills – Backend Candidate:
- SQL & NoSQL DB design and implementation
- Web API performance optimization
- OAuth 2.0 & general web authentication
- Git/GitHub (or equivalent)
- Experience with building & managing containerized apps (i.e., Docker)
- An interest in 3D printing.
- Competency in DevOps type tasks and Cloud Computing
- Experience with hardware/Software integration
- Automated testing
- Experience with Golang
Additional tools and Technology we use:
- Google Cloud Platform
- CircleCI & Harness
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Google Cloud Functions
- DataDog & GCP Monitoring
- Gulp, Sass
Other things we do (now virtually!):
- Demo Day: Every other Friday the software, product, and design teams gather to share what we’ve been working on. It’s a nice way to wind down the week. Soft drinks and beer provided!
Programming Workshop: On non-Demo Day Fridays we hold an optional programming workshop. This is a team-driven meeting where topics are suggested by all of us. Want to learn something new? Suggest it! Want to tell everyone how great some new tech is? Propose it! Beverages provided.
- Training Opportunities: Is there a conference or training you’d like to attend? A book you want to buy? We can make that happen!
- Quarterly team outings: We carve out time to have fun on company time! Events in the past have included: catching a film and grabbing lunch at the nearby Alamo Drafthouse; playing games, sipping beers, and slamming snacks at Barcade, and exploring good eats in Brooklyn on a local food tour. We are always open to suggestions!
Sometimes, it’s the little (virtual) things:
- Weekly virtual, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course, but also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge and expertise to help and teach you how to use them.
This is an on-site, full-time salaried position located in our Brooklyn office. The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation. This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot’s connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.