MakerBot is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our hardware team located in Brooklyn, NY. This position will be a highly visible, individual contributor role that will work across our hardware engineering teams to provide insights into project milestones and deliverables. The Technical Project Manager will collaborate with engineering, product, and other stakeholders to optimize project efficiencies and raise delivery risks across the engineering team.
- Measure and report on deliverables, key milestones, and cross-functional dependencies for engineering projects
- Build and maintain schedules for engineering projects
- Support the engineering team in the preparation and execution of prototype builds through managing part readiness, prototype purchasing, and assembly resources
- Lead root cause analysis processes to resolve complex technical problems
- Identify and escalate emergings risks, development blockers, or schedule slips
- Present status reports to key stakeholders
- Manage communication with external manufacturing and design partners
- Own maximizing the efficiency of our engineering development projects
- B.S. degree in engineering or a related field technical field
- 3+ years of engineering project management experience with a hardware company
- PMP or other industry certification
- Experience designing mechatronic assemblies
- Experience with 3D printers
- Experience with PLM/PDM systems like Arena
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project or other project management scheduling tools
- Proficiency with JIRA or other task tracking tools
- Proven track record of being a strong team player with a results-oriented attitude
- Self-starter able to work well in new and undefined environments
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
Sometimes, it’s the little (virtual) things:
- Weekly virtual, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course, but also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge and expertise to help and teach you how to use them.
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. MakerBot’s connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MakerBot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
To apply for this job please visit careers.stratasys.com.