MakerBot Mechanical Engineers architect, design, test, and assist in the manufacturing of hardware systems for MakerBot 3D printers.
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Hybrid schedule in office 3 days/week
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Research and build next generation technologies
- Design and layout of mechanical components and system architecture
- Review mechanical parts and systems to uphold drafting standards and engineering best practices
- Create specifications for mechanical systems; validate and demonstrate adherence to those specifications
- Research and specify system level components such as motors, bearings, materials, and fasteners
- Work closely with electrical and manufacturing engineering teams to design at a system level
- Lead products through design, prototype, validation, and manufacturing build cycles
- Develop documentation for other engineers, technicians, production, and customers
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, solve complex technical challenges, and drive innovation
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years of proven design experience
- Technical ownership over a subsystem of a design or finished product
- Extensive design experience with linear motion systems including motors, actuators, bearings and linear guides
- Interaction with vendors (part suppliers and manufacturing teams)
- Fluency with SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD tools and FEA software
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing, tooling techniques/capabilities (injection molding, CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication, and die casting)
- Direct experience with tooling development and DFM
- Expertise with testing and measurement tools, LabView or Python experience a plus
- Specific experience designing consumer or office products
- Excited to work in a fast-paced high-energy environment with the mechanical engineering team and other technical teams in Brooklyn, NY.
Sometimes, it’s the little (virtual) things:
- Weekly virtual, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course, but also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge and expertise to help and teach you how to use them.
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. MakerBot’s connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All offers of employment with MakerBot are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
MakerBot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
To apply for this job please visit careers.stratasys.com.